Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
mb0044, Operation Management
What do you understand by “line balancing”? What happens if balance doesn’t exist?
Posted Date: 2/11/2013 11:11:58 AM | Location :
Ask an Expert
- Line: an assembly line composed of various work stations, at which particular operations are performed.
- To work efficiently, with no work pile-ups between stations, the line must be balanced, for example work must get through each workstation in roughly similar amount of time.
1. To meet production goals,
2. Maximize output.
General Approaches to Line Balancing Technique
1. Estimating number of operators for a specific number of stations,
2. Work element sharing: grouping “activities” each work elements into “stations” or jobs performed by a single person (occasionally multiple people work in concert at a single station or machine)
| Posted Date: 2/12/2013 7:13:31 AM
mb0044, Assignment Help, Ask Question on mb0044, Get Answer, Expert's Help, mb0044 Discussions
Write discussion on mb0044
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Describe census of population as a measure of education, 1. Education is of...
1. Education is often used as an indicator of a person's socioeconomic status. Historically, the number of years of schooling completed has been recorded in the census of populatio
Describe short-range plans, 1. Henry Mintzberg identified three broad categ...
1. Henry Mintzberg identified three broad categories of roles that managers play. Briefly discuss the three broad categories. Give a workplace example of one of the roles contained
Explain what ethical considerations your response, Please explain in detail...
Please explain in detail what you would do for the following scenario: A good friend of yours from college who had a wild reputation is applying at your company. The HR manager cat
Explain what is nominal damage, What is the difference between compensatory...
What is the difference between compensatory damages and consequential damages? Provide at least one relevant example of each that was not included in your textbook. What is nominal
Make a product structure for heather, Operations Mgmt. 10th edition Hiezer/...
Operations Mgmt. 10th edition Hiezer/Render Heather Adams, production manager for a Colorado exercise equipment manufacturer, needs to schedule an order for 50 UltimaSteppers, whic
Explain important in work-center scheduling, Why is managing bottlenecks so...
Why is managing bottlenecks so important in work-center scheduling?
Define what is the utilization rate of this service system, "Fast Eddie" Fl...
"Fast Eddie" Flournoy manages the service equipment division of Delta Airline's Atlanta terminal. He keeps a service crew on call to repair tow tractors that break down. Tractors b
String diagram, String diagram is a simple tool for analyzing and desi...
String diagram is a simple tool for analyzing and designing work space such that movement can be minimized. The basic diagram is a scale plan or model on which a t
Line balancing, what do you understand by line balancing what happens if ba...
what do you understand by line balancing what happens if balance
Explain marketing and selling, What is your understanding of the terms: mar...
What is your understanding of the terms: marketing and selling? Are they the same? How do you differentiate the two terminologies? Provide examples to support your points.
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.