MAJOR EVENTS DURING GASTRULATION -
1. There is rearrangement of cells due to morphogenetic movement of the cells of blastoderm.
2. The three primary germ layer get differentiated.
3. The cleavage rate is slowed down.
4. Growth if any, is insignificant.
5. Oxidation becomes, intensified so oxygen consumption increased and the nature of metabolism changes.
6. Nuclei become physiologically active and control activities of embryonic cells. The influence of paternal chromo- somes on the embryo becomes evident.
7. Synthesis of new kinds of proteins begins.