Lymphatic system - circulation, Biology

Lymphatic System - Circulation

Approximately 99% of the fluid (water) that leaves capillaries at the arteriole end is normally reabsorbed at the venules end. But what about the remaining 1 per cent fluid left in the interstitial spaces?

940_Lymphatic System - Circulation.png

Figure:  Lymph vessels of the human body

Vertebrate animals have a special system of vessels, the lymphatic system that drains fluid from interstitial spaces in the tissues and returns it to the blood, thus maintaining balance between blood volume and interstitial fluid volume in the body.

Posted Date: 1/16/2013 12:13:31 AM | Location : United States

Related Discussions:- Lymphatic system - circulation, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Lymphatic system - circulation, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Lymphatic system - circulation Discussions

Write discussion on Lymphatic system - circulation
Your posts are moderated
Related Questions
Tr aumatic reticuloperitonitis (TRP) It is also known as traumatic gastritis, hardware disease or traumatic reticulitis. Et i o l o g y : Frequentl

Origin and Delivery - Transport in Phloem We have stated above that transport of photosynthates starts from leaves and ends up in one or the other sink tissue. Though this is

Q. Define Lipoprotein Metabolism? Lipoproteins serve to transport absorbed dietary fat and endogenously synthesized cholesterol and triglyceride. Nevertheless, it is possible t

Enumerate the term - brain behaviour functioning The brain may be thought of as a "dependant variable" that is shaped in part by the facilitative stimulation that is experience

These are areas where woody shrubs predominate rather then trees. In regions with a Mediterranean type of climate i .e., hot dry summers and cool wet winters, shrubs grow close tog

Explain about the Celiac Disease? Celiac disease (also called gluten enteropathy) is an intestinal disorder that results from an abnormal  immunological reaction to gluten. u p

The process of fatty acid elongation is similar to fatty acid synthesis as it also requires both: -malonyl CoA and NADPH -malonyl CoA and NADH -Acetyl CoA and NADH

VACUOLES They are of 4 types - 1.       Sap Vacuole - Outer membrane of sap vacuole is called T onoplast . Sap vacuole contains amino sugars, carotenoids, proteins, m

Characteristic Features of Avian Gastrulation Creation of hypoblast and its important role in formation of the axis and orientation of embryo. Existence of the cells

Q. Evolutionarily protochordates may be intermediate animals between invertebrates and vertebrates. Imagine a scientist is testing the hypothesis that vertebrates evolved from echi