Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Journal paper review for Operation Research report, Other Subject
Need a scientific article that is pretty easy, so I could prepare my report & presentation on
The following are the criteria:
- Choose a journal paper in the general area of probabilistic operations research
- recently published (2008 onwards) technical journal.
- Have the paper approved by the instructor before starting work on any topic
- Plan to submit the written report no later than 6:00 PM on April 16.
- I do not approve papers
from “Open Access” journals.
The course (Probabilistic Operation Research) topics are:
• Markov chains: Applications, Chapman-Kolmogorov equations, classification of
states, first passage times
• Markov chains: Steady state probabilities, long-run expected values, absorbing chains
• Queueing Theory: Basic structure, concepts and applications, role of the exponential distribution, birth-and-death process, queueing models based on the birth-and-death process
• Queueing Theory: Queueing models involving non-exponential distributions.
• Inventory Theory: Applications and components of inventory models, deterministic models – continuous review, periodic review
• Inventory Theory: Stochastic models – continuous review, single period, larger inventory systems in practice
• Metaheuristics: Complexity theory, deterministic and probabilistic heuristics including local search, ant colony optimization, genetic algorithms, tabu search, and simulated annealing
For the Journal Paper Review Report:
• Briefly outline the article explaining the basic principles involved
• Summarize all assumptions
• Give detailed steps of the procedure, if applicable
• Where appropriate, provide an simple, original (i.e., don’t copy what is in the paper) numerical example illustrating the various steps of the procedure
• Comment on the article, including its advantages and limitations; include personal comments and critiques
• As an appendix, include a copy of the first page of all of the reference papers used including the article being reviewed
• Project reports will not be returned
Once it is approved, the report should consist of a review of the paper (a clear description of the problem and solution, as well as a critical analysis of the paper) using the list above as a guide. The additional references you use are solely up to you. The intent is for you to determine what you need to learn in order to fully understand your paper, its problem, and solution—some will need to review many references; some may need only a few. Finally, do not simply re-write the paper: your report should not be a replication of the
paper’s equations, tables, figures, data, and/or results (I will have a copy of the journal paper and I can reference these as I need to); only include items in your report that are
necessary to make your point
Posted Date: 4/9/2012 2:12:18 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Journal paper review for Operation Research report, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Journal paper review for Operation Research report, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Journal paper review for Operation Research report Discussions
Write discussion on Journal paper review for Operation Research report
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Timber, what is timber defects
what is timber defects
What is meant by communication, Question: (a) What is meant by comm...
Question: (a) What is meant by communication? (b) Describe the difference between formal and informal communication in a business context. Give examples to illustrate y
Explain safe use of the mobile tower scaffold, Question: A 15 years old...
Question: A 15 years old, two story building, used as a warehouse, has its corrugated roofing sheets damaged and needs replacement. A mobile tower scaffold is made available to
Definition of museology, Definition of Museology : It is the study of museu...
Definition of Museology : It is the study of museums and how they have developed and established in their role as an educational mechanism under social and political pressures.
Adolescence & family education, you being a teacher describe your experienc...
you being a teacher describe your experience regarding the role of school,parents,peers in imparting family life education.
Explain peters and watermans organizational model, Question: (a) Exami...
Question: (a) Examine the following sub-systems in so far as they enhance our understanding of the educational system: normative, strategic, operational and administrative. Su
Describe career development, Question: (a) I) Describe career developm...
Question: (a) I) Describe career development and illustrate why we need to study related theories? II) Define decision making and explain how this relates to career counse
What do you understand by the word printing, Question: (a) List at leas...
Question: (a) List at least three reasons (i) Why you would convert an InDesign document to an Adobe PDF file? (ii) Scenario: Mr Tony Stark has been placing regular adver
Contemporary feminist criticism, Contemporary Feminist Criticism: Sometime...
Contemporary Feminist Criticism: Sometimes referred to as "Third-Wave Feminism," "Postfeminism," or "Revisionary Feminism," contemporary feminist criticism is the historical outgr
PHED final exam, FINAL PRACTICUM EXAM Read your exam directions carefully t...
FINAL PRACTICUM EXAM Read your exam directions carefully two and three times, please, all the information you will ask questions about are written here. As an individual, you ar
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.