Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Journal paper review for Operation Research report, Other Subject
Need a scientific article that is pretty easy, so I could prepare my report & presentation on
The following are the criteria:
- Choose a journal paper in the general area of probabilistic operations research
- recently published (2008 onwards) technical journal.
- Have the paper approved by the instructor before starting work on any topic
- Plan to submit the written report no later than 6:00 PM on April 16.
- I do not approve papers
from “Open Access” journals.
The course (Probabilistic Operation Research) topics are:
• Markov chains: Applications, Chapman-Kolmogorov equations, classification of
states, first passage times
• Markov chains: Steady state probabilities, long-run expected values, absorbing chains
• Queueing Theory: Basic structure, concepts and applications, role of the exponential distribution, birth-and-death process, queueing models based on the birth-and-death process
• Queueing Theory: Queueing models involving non-exponential distributions.
• Inventory Theory: Applications and components of inventory models, deterministic models – continuous review, periodic review
• Inventory Theory: Stochastic models – continuous review, single period, larger inventory systems in practice
• Metaheuristics: Complexity theory, deterministic and probabilistic heuristics including local search, ant colony optimization, genetic algorithms, tabu search, and simulated annealing
For the Journal Paper Review Report:
• Briefly outline the article explaining the basic principles involved
• Summarize all assumptions
• Give detailed steps of the procedure, if applicable
• Where appropriate, provide an simple, original (i.e., don’t copy what is in the paper) numerical example illustrating the various steps of the procedure
• Comment on the article, including its advantages and limitations; include personal comments and critiques
• As an appendix, include a copy of the first page of all of the reference papers used including the article being reviewed
• Project reports will not be returned
Once it is approved, the report should consist of a review of the paper (a clear description of the problem and solution, as well as a critical analysis of the paper) using the list above as a guide. The additional references you use are solely up to you. The intent is for you to determine what you need to learn in order to fully understand your paper, its problem, and solution—some will need to review many references; some may need only a few. Finally, do not simply re-write the paper: your report should not be a replication of the
paper’s equations, tables, figures, data, and/or results (I will have a copy of the journal paper and I can reference these as I need to); only include items in your report that are
necessary to make your point
Posted Date: 4/9/2012 2:12:18 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Journal paper review for Operation Research report, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Journal paper review for Operation Research report, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Journal paper review for Operation Research report Discussions
Write discussion on Journal paper review for Operation Research report
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Adolescence and family education, role of peers in imparting family life ed...
role of peers in imparting family life education
#title.light polarization, what is light polarization
what is light polarization
Angel of Death Gareth Williams Reading Guide, I could really use some help ...
I could really use some help with this reading guide for Angel of Death - The story of smallpox by Gareth Williams. My dad had a stroke 2 days ago and he needs 24/7 care and my mom
Relationship marketing, characteristic of relationship marketing
characteristic of relationship marketing
Organizational behaviour, Identify three reasons why motivating employees i...
Identify three reasons why motivating employees is becoming increasingly challenging.
Swertres computation, please compute this number 918 for the swertres lotto...
please compute this number 918 for the swertres lotto gam
Policy implementation cycle, Problem 1 a) Why does the public sector ex...
Problem 1 a) Why does the public sector exist? b) Discuss 5 ways in which the public sector is different from the private sector. c) "The public sector is a closed system
B2g e-commerce, WHAT IS B2G E-COMMERCE? Business-to-government e-commer...
WHAT IS B2G E-COMMERCE? Business-to-government e-commerce or B2G is generally described as commerce between companies and the public sector. It refers to the licensing procedur
Types of urban cultures, Types of urban cultures: The following typology o...
Types of urban cultures: The following typology of urban cultures depends on a conception of cities as centres for the performance of cultural roles found only in state-level soci
Explain the importance of friendship and peer relationship, Peer Acceptance...
Peer Acceptance refers to the social status or popularity within a large group whereas friendship represents relationships based on mutual respect, appreciation and liking. Peer ac
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.