Explain the interactive picture construction techniques. interactive picture- construction methods are commonly used in variety of applications, including design and painting packages. These methods provide user with the capability to position objects, to constrain fig. to predefined orientations or alignments, to sketch fig., and to drag objects around the screen. Grids, gravity fields, and rubber band methods are used to aid in positioning and other picture construction operations. The several techniques used for interactive picture construction that are incorporated into graphics packages are:
(1) Basic positioning methods:- coordinate values supplied by locator input are often used with positioning methods to specify a location for displaying an object or a character string. Coordinate positions are selected interactively with a pointing device, usually by positioning the screen cursor.
(2) constraints:-A constraint is a rule for altering input coordinates values to produce a specified orientation or alignment of the displayed coordinates. the most common constraint is a horizontal or vertical alignment of straight lines.
(3) Grids:- Another kind of constraint is a grid of rectangular lines displayed in some part of the screen area. When a grid is used, any input coordinate position is rounded to the nearest intersection of two grid lines.
(4) Gravity field:- When it is needed to connect lines at positions between endpoints, the graphics packages convert any input position near a line to a position on the line. The conversion is accomplished by creating a gravity area around the line. Any related position within the gravity field of line is moved to the nearest position on the line. It illustrated with a shaded boundary around the line.
(5) Rubber Band Methods:- Straight lines can be constructed and positioned using rubber band methods which stretch out a line from a starting position as the screen cursor.
(6) Dragging:- This methods move object into position by dragging them with the screen cursor.
(7) Painting and Drawing:- Cursor drawing options can be provided using standard curve shapes such as circular arcs and splices, or with freehand sketching procedures. Line widths, line styles and other attribute options are also commonly found in painting and drawing packages.