Intensity of Specular Reflection - Modeling and Rendering
Intensity of specular reflection based upon material properties of surface and the angle of incidence and the value of specular reflection parameter 'n' is found through the category of surface which we need to display.
- Shiny surfaces are modeled along with larger values of n (100 or may be more)
- Dull surfaces are modeled along with smaller values of n (down to 1)
- For ideal reflection n is ∞.
- For extremely dull surfaces (example: chalk and so no) n is assigned value close to 1.
- In the diagram demonstrated below we can see how the function (cos a)n behaves for various values of n.