Information Systems Implementation
1. Will implementing SAP R/3 across the entire PCD division provide the division with a competitive advantage? Justify your answer carefully.
2. The Raleigh team promised IBM corporate a 20% return on their investment in this ERP project. Present three examples of benefits with clear, tangible financial impact on PCD that will result from implementing the ERP system.
3. Present at least three examples of factors (risks) in the Raleigh project that lead to increased probability of project failure.
4. State how the project team is reducing the likelihood of a less than successful outcome with each of the three factors you chose in the previous question's answer.
5. Regarding the project methodology, is the Raleigh project an example of business process reengineering, IT-enabled change or something else? Provide justification for your answer.
6. Which ERP project was the most risky within its context, the one at IBM, at Cisco, at Tektronix, at Rich Con or at Chapman University? Why? Which ERP project provided or had the potential to provide the most benefit? Explain your answer.