Importance of the positioning or why positioning:
1. To create a distinctive place of a product or service in the minds of potential customers.
2. To provide a competitive edge to a product or the service, an attempt to convey attractiveness of the product or the service to the target market.
3. Place an intelligible service within a more tangible frame of the reference.
4. Help influence for the both service development and the redesign of the existing services.
5. Follow considerations of competition's possible moves and responses so that appropriate action can be taken as
6. To give the right target market the reason of buying services and then design the whole strategy
7. To provide guidelines for the development of the marketing mix with the each element being consistent with the positioning.