Implantation : It is the process in which the blastocyst (developing zygote) is attached to the glandular uterine wall and then embedded in the wall of uterus.
1) In human beings fertilization occurs in the fallopian tube.
2) The sperm fuses with the ovum to form a zygote which is diploid.
3) It undergoes mitotic divisions and develops into a blastocyst.
4) By the contractions of the muscles of fallopian tube and the ciliary movements the blastocyst moves towards the uterine walls and gets attached to it.
5) This is called implantation. Further development of the embryo occurs in the uterus.