With your chosen scenario:
o Briefly describe the initial structure - set baseline
o Create a strategic project plan with:
- A strategic project analysis exercise
o A change strategy with enough detail for:
- A business case
- Project planning and management tools
- Monitoring and control structure
- A risk reduction strategy
- The Project Plan should comprise of some of the following:
1. Project Scope and Requirements
2. Risk prediction along with mitigation plan
3. Resource Plan
4. Estimation details
5. Communications plan
6. Project Scheduling (with Network analysis diagrams, PERT reports & Gantt Charts) along with Critical Path and free, independent and total floats calculated.
7. Acceptance Plan
The options above give scope for a great variety of responses. Given that, it would be extremely odd if two people happened to produce similar reports and any such similarities would be fairly easy to detect. Appropriate penalty would be applied under such circumstances
The assignment will be assessed out of 70 marks using the following criteria.Identify and evaluate a suitable business case for a project. You will have demonstrated ability to:
- Identify and evaluate a suitable business case for a project.
- Recommend a strategy for reduction of uncertainties and the management of associated risk.
- Select and apply appropriate planning and management tools for the project
- Recommend a suitable structure and process for the monitoring and control of a project
- Formulate a strategy for the implementation of change
The assignment evaluation sheet is attached at the end of this document for your reference.