Need and Purpose
The personnel of an organisation play the most vital role by converting all the other resources into tangible products and services.. Therefore attention to HRD planning and policy is worthwhile to achieve success in every aspect of the development process of an organisation. In order to ensure positive results, the knowledge and skills of the employees have to be constantly upgraded. Not only employees' comptencies and abilities have to be enhanced but their motivation, dedicated participation, involvement and commitment, to achieve targeted goals and objectives of the organisation also have to be encouraged and enriched.The twin factors that will ensure success to any organisation in enhacing its goodwill and reputation in the field are customer satisfaction and quality of products and services offered.The purpose of involving employees with increasing knowledge and skills is obviously to achieve the above objective.
HRD, therefore, is necessary for any type of organisation for:
• survival and stability; growth and development
• change and diversification;
• retuning the activities to become more effective;
• providing highest quality in products and services;
• playing a leadership role in the field; and
• obtaining goodwill and reputation through customer satisfaction.