Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
How do comets get their tails, engineering, Other Engineering
How do comets get their tails?
- Most comets stay frozen in the outer solar system. Only a few enter the inner solar system where they can grow tails.
- When a comet nears the sun, its ices can sublimate into gas and carry off dust creating a coma and long tails (plasma and dust tails)
- A comet ejects small particles that follow it around in its orbit and cause meteor showers when earth crosses the comet’s orbit.
Where do comets come from?
- The comets we occasionally see in the inner solar system come from two major “reservoirs” of comets; the Kuiper belt or the Oort cloud
- Kuiper belt comets orbit in the region in which they were formed, just beyond Neptune’s orbit. The more distant Oort cloud contains comets that once orbited around the Jovian planets.
Why is Pluto not considered a planet anymore?
- Its 248 year orbit is elliptical and inclined than that of the first 8 planets.
- It proved to be a mis-fit among planets because of its size and composition; its far more smaller than the other planets and its rich-ice composition fits neither the terrestrial or Jovian characteristics.
How big can a comet be?
- In the Kuiper belt, icy objects were able to grow to hundreds or thousands of kilometers in size. The recent discovery of Eris is the largest of these object in the belt with Pluto the second largest.
Posted Date: 2/12/2012 8:46:30 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
How do comets get their tails, engineering, Assignment Help, Ask Question on How do comets get their tails, engineering, Get Answer, Expert's Help, How do comets get their tails, engineering Discussions
Write discussion on How do comets get their tails, engineering
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Standard cost, Standard cost of the product
Standard cost of the product
Explain the concept of error function, Question 1 Explain the concept of e...
Question 1 Explain the concept of error function Question 2 Obtain the Fourier transform for the following Single sided exponential signal Gate function Triangula
What is thermodynamics, Electrical Engineering Online Electrical Engineerin...
Electrical Engineering Online Electrical Engineering Study Sit
Dynamic model of pitching motion , It is instructive to investigate the pit...
It is instructive to investigate the pitching motion caused by a disturbance from trim due to a control surface deflection. We shall assume that the velocity remains constant, and
Corporate, Need help with a timed exam
Need help with a timed exam
Electronics, explain compensated semiconductors
explain compensated semiconductors
Dsp, relationship between z plane and s plane in bilinear transformation me...
relationship between z plane and s plane in bilinear transformation method
Why would an investor buy preferred stock?, Why would an investor buy prefe...
Why would an investor buy preferred stock? A buyer that wants the benefit potential of value but wants to reduce possibility would buy recommended inventory. The buyer would rec
#friction, the crate has a mass M and is subjectedto towing P acting at an ...
the crate has a mass M and is subjectedto towing P acting at an angle t1 with the horizontal.if the coefficient of static friction is k,determine the magnitude of p to just start
Numerical method, find the newton raphson iterative formula for a reciproca...
find the newton raphson iterative formula for a reciprocal of a number N and hence find the value of 1/23.correct to 5 place of decimal
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.