Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
How do comets get their tails, engineering, Other Engineering
How do comets get their tails?
- Most comets stay frozen in the outer solar system. Only a few enter the inner solar system where they can grow tails.
- When a comet nears the sun, its ices can sublimate into gas and carry off dust creating a coma and long tails (plasma and dust tails)
- A comet ejects small particles that follow it around in its orbit and cause meteor showers when earth crosses the comet’s orbit.
Where do comets come from?
- The comets we occasionally see in the inner solar system come from two major “reservoirs” of comets; the Kuiper belt or the Oort cloud
- Kuiper belt comets orbit in the region in which they were formed, just beyond Neptune’s orbit. The more distant Oort cloud contains comets that once orbited around the Jovian planets.
Why is Pluto not considered a planet anymore?
- Its 248 year orbit is elliptical and inclined than that of the first 8 planets.
- It proved to be a mis-fit among planets because of its size and composition; its far more smaller than the other planets and its rich-ice composition fits neither the terrestrial or Jovian characteristics.
How big can a comet be?
- In the Kuiper belt, icy objects were able to grow to hundreds or thousands of kilometers in size. The recent discovery of Eris is the largest of these object in the belt with Pluto the second largest.
Posted Date: 2/12/2012 8:46:30 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
How do comets get their tails, engineering, Assignment Help, Ask Question on How do comets get their tails, engineering, Get Answer, Expert's Help, How do comets get their tails, engineering Discussions
Write discussion on How do comets get their tails, engineering
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Aerodynamics, what is centrifugal twisting moment
what is centrifugal twisting moment
Designing a phone, hi um how do people design phones and stuff like da
hi um how do people design phones and stuff like da
Plumbing, what are the most short forms given to materials in plumbing
what are the most short forms given to materials in plumbing
TANGENT GALVANOMETER, WHY THE NEEDLE OF TANGENT GALVANOMETER DEFLECT WITH I...
WHY THE NEEDLE OF TANGENT GALVANOMETER DEFLECT WITH INCREASING OR DECREASING CURRENT?
Case study, M/s XYZ Ltd manufactures a product “PLVS” at its plant at Meeru...
M/s XYZ Ltd manufactures a product “PLVS” at its plant at Meerut, the maximum capacity of which is 200 units per month. Details of raw materials which go into the making of 1 units
Shell-mould casting, Shell-mould Casting is variant of the resin bonded sa...
Shell-mould Casting is variant of the resin bonded sand technique for casting steel, iron or non-ferrous alloys. The mould is made by a mixture of fine sand (100 - 150 mesh) an
Naval architecture and marine engineering, i have a coursework for finite e...
i have a coursework for finite element analysis of marine structure and i need help to solve it
Mosfet, matlab program for studying the characteristics of n channel enhanc...
matlab program for studying the characteristics of n channel enhancement type mosfet
Cash flows, Your company is considering a machine that will cost $6,287 at ...
Your company is considering a machine that will cost $6,287 at Time 0 and which can be sold after 3 years for $790. To operate the machine, $886 must be invested at Time 0 in inven
Design of operation sysrem, classification of process technology
classification of process technology
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.