Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
How do comets get their tails, engineering, Other Engineering
How do comets get their tails?
- Most comets stay frozen in the outer solar system. Only a few enter the inner solar system where they can grow tails.
- When a comet nears the sun, its ices can sublimate into gas and carry off dust creating a coma and long tails (plasma and dust tails)
- A comet ejects small particles that follow it around in its orbit and cause meteor showers when earth crosses the comet’s orbit.
Where do comets come from?
- The comets we occasionally see in the inner solar system come from two major “reservoirs” of comets; the Kuiper belt or the Oort cloud
- Kuiper belt comets orbit in the region in which they were formed, just beyond Neptune’s orbit. The more distant Oort cloud contains comets that once orbited around the Jovian planets.
Why is Pluto not considered a planet anymore?
- Its 248 year orbit is elliptical and inclined than that of the first 8 planets.
- It proved to be a mis-fit among planets because of its size and composition; its far more smaller than the other planets and its rich-ice composition fits neither the terrestrial or Jovian characteristics.
How big can a comet be?
- In the Kuiper belt, icy objects were able to grow to hundreds or thousands of kilometers in size. The recent discovery of Eris is the largest of these object in the belt with Pluto the second largest.
Posted Date: 2/12/2012 8:46:30 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
How do comets get their tails, engineering, Assignment Help, Ask Question on How do comets get their tails, engineering, Get Answer, Expert's Help, How do comets get their tails, engineering Discussions
Write discussion on How do comets get their tails, engineering
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Obstacles in chain surveying, obstacles which obstruct chaining but not ran...
obstacles which obstruct chaining but not ranging
Damping coefficint of canatrd of aircraft, what will be the methodology to ...
what will be the methodology to calculate pitching moment damping coefficient of canrad of aircraft
Analytical chemistry.., two types of ISE FOUND IN LABORATORY
two types of ISE FOUND IN LABORATORY
Laws of motion, Expertsmind.com brings you unique solution in electrical ...
Expertsmind.com brings you unique solution in electrical engineering - Laws of Motion - Speed is how much distance will be covered in a certain time.
Kalman filtering , Kalman Filtering All of the measurements generat...
Kalman Filtering All of the measurements generated by the seeker and the navigation system/rate gyros are noisy, and therefore need to be filtered. The Kalman filter, a
Biomedical engineering assignment, I''ll attach assignment
I''ll attach assignment
Homework, Assume that a movie is two hours long, that the frame rate is 30 ...
Assume that a movie is two hours long, that the frame rate is 30 frames per second, and that the resolution per frame is 1080i (1920×1080 pixels per frame), and that each pixel is
Hp air for aircraft services, Hp air for aircraft services: A number of...
Hp air for aircraft services: A number of aircraft accessories produce sufficient heat in normal use to require a cooling system to prevent overheating. A good example is the
Logic gate - not gate, THE INVERTER ('NOT' GATE) Figure shows the symbo...
THE INVERTER ('NOT' GATE) Figure shows the symbol for an inverter, where the output will produce the complement of the input. This device is often employed when the complement
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.