Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
How do comets get their tails, engineering, Other Engineering
How do comets get their tails?
- Most comets stay frozen in the outer solar system. Only a few enter the inner solar system where they can grow tails.
- When a comet nears the sun, its ices can sublimate into gas and carry off dust creating a coma and long tails (plasma and dust tails)
- A comet ejects small particles that follow it around in its orbit and cause meteor showers when earth crosses the comet’s orbit.
Where do comets come from?
- The comets we occasionally see in the inner solar system come from two major “reservoirs” of comets; the Kuiper belt or the Oort cloud
- Kuiper belt comets orbit in the region in which they were formed, just beyond Neptune’s orbit. The more distant Oort cloud contains comets that once orbited around the Jovian planets.
Why is Pluto not considered a planet anymore?
- Its 248 year orbit is elliptical and inclined than that of the first 8 planets.
- It proved to be a mis-fit among planets because of its size and composition; its far more smaller than the other planets and its rich-ice composition fits neither the terrestrial or Jovian characteristics.
How big can a comet be?
- In the Kuiper belt, icy objects were able to grow to hundreds or thousands of kilometers in size. The recent discovery of Eris is the largest of these object in the belt with Pluto the second largest.
Posted Date: 2/12/2012 8:46:30 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
How do comets get their tails, engineering, Assignment Help, Ask Question on How do comets get their tails, engineering, Get Answer, Expert's Help, How do comets get their tails, engineering Discussions
Write discussion on How do comets get their tails, engineering
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Climbing drum peel test , Climbing Drum Peel Test The CDP test works by a...
Climbing Drum Peel Test The CDP test works by attaching a free end of a face sheet of a sandwich panel to a drum which then rolls across the panel, peeling off the face sheet. A
Firing order, FIRING ORDER If in multi cylinder engines, various cyli...
FIRING ORDER If in multi cylinder engines, various cylinders are made to fire one after the other, interference between adjacent cylinders would occur, since these may have o
Unidirectional fabric, Unidirectional Fabric A unidirectional (UD) ply ...
Unidirectional Fabric A unidirectional (UD) ply is one in which all of the fibres run in one direction only. A small amount of fibre or other material may run in other directio
GSM BASED MOTOR ON AND OFF, in this project i want to start my motor by giv...
in this project i want to start my motor by giving a miscall so how can i decode that miscall in micro controller?
Comparison of fp result with other metods, Comparison of fp result with o...
Comparison of fp result with other metods Comparisons of FP results with results from other computational methods for inviscid flows are given. The FP results have been obtain
Corporate Finance, Will you take a timed online exam
Will you take a timed online exam
Hydro plant, various components used in plants
various components used in plants
Thermodynamics, A methane-fired microturbine based on the regenerative gas ...
A methane-fired microturbine based on the regenerative gas turbine cycle employs a centrifugal compressor with a polytropic efficiency of 85%, a radial inflow turbine with a polyt
What are the elements limiting higher data rate in networks, Question: ...
Question: (a) What are the elements limiting high data rate in cellular networks? (b) Describe the following characteristics of 4G mobile networks: - Always on - RAN A
Welding, what is causes of submage arc welding
what is causes of submage arc welding
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.