Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
How do comets get their tails, engineering, Other Engineering
How do comets get their tails?
- Most comets stay frozen in the outer solar system. Only a few enter the inner solar system where they can grow tails.
- When a comet nears the sun, its ices can sublimate into gas and carry off dust creating a coma and long tails (plasma and dust tails)
- A comet ejects small particles that follow it around in its orbit and cause meteor showers when earth crosses the comet’s orbit.
Where do comets come from?
- The comets we occasionally see in the inner solar system come from two major “reservoirs” of comets; the Kuiper belt or the Oort cloud
- Kuiper belt comets orbit in the region in which they were formed, just beyond Neptune’s orbit. The more distant Oort cloud contains comets that once orbited around the Jovian planets.
Why is Pluto not considered a planet anymore?
- Its 248 year orbit is elliptical and inclined than that of the first 8 planets.
- It proved to be a mis-fit among planets because of its size and composition; its far more smaller than the other planets and its rich-ice composition fits neither the terrestrial or Jovian characteristics.
How big can a comet be?
- In the Kuiper belt, icy objects were able to grow to hundreds or thousands of kilometers in size. The recent discovery of Eris is the largest of these object in the belt with Pluto the second largest.
Posted Date: 2/12/2012 8:46:30 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
How do comets get their tails, engineering, Assignment Help, Ask Question on How do comets get their tails, engineering, Get Answer, Expert's Help, How do comets get their tails, engineering Discussions
Write discussion on How do comets get their tails, engineering
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Dislocations, What are impurities
What are impurities
Corrosion cracking, offer an explanation for why cracking might have occurr...
offer an explanation for why cracking might have occurred. Give at least three suggestion on how to prevent this type of corrosion. You may supple with appropriate figures
Engineering thermodynamics, what is Engineering thermodynamics
what is Engineering thermodynamics
Diod, i donot under stand about diod and transistor
i donot under stand about diod and transistor
Compressor characteristics, Compressor characteristics: When a compress...
Compressor characteristics: When a compressor is designed it is essential to establish the points at which it is likely to surge. Tests are carried out to determine the relati
Re-heat nozzles in aircraft engine, Re-Heat Nozzles : If re-heat was fi...
Re-Heat Nozzles : If re-heat was fitted to an engine with a standard sized fixed area propelling nozzle, the expansion of gases caused by the use of re-heat would increase the
Bajaj electronics, HOW WOULD YOU JUDGE THE POTENTIAL PROFIT OF BAJAJ ELECTR...
HOW WOULD YOU JUDGE THE POTENTIAL PROFIT OF BAJAJ ELECTRONICS ON THE FIRST YEAR OF SALES TO BOOTH PLASTICS AND GIVE YOUR VIEWS TO INCREASE THE PROFIT?
Finance help, After five years, what is Judy’s total income (interest par) ...
After five years, what is Judy’s total income (interest par) from each bond? Should she use this total as a way of deciding which bond to purchase?
Computational aerodynamics-computer laboratory, A key part of the course is...
A key part of the course is the computer laboratories which will use a package for simulating flow around aerofoils developed by Patrick Hanley . A course licence has been purchase
Accounting hep, Here are the budgets of Brandon Surgery Center for the mos...
Here are the budgets of Brandon Surgery Center for the most recent historical quarter (in thousands of dollars): Static Flexible Actual Number of surgeries 1,200 1,300 1,
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.