Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
homework, Basic Statistics
15. An art professor was interested in seeing what size group is best to prime the pump so to speak to encourage strangers to gather together in front of various exhibits at her art show, so she set up an experiment. In a municipal building off campus, she asked a group of two students to stand next to each other and stare intently at a wall decoration while simultaneously she asked a group of five students to do the same at the other end of the floor. For the next 30 minutes she observed passersby to see if they too looked at the decorations for more than five seconds or made comments about the artwork to members of either group.
Here is what she found: She observed 9 people make comments or look at the decorations for more than five seconds with respect to group of two (G2). Down the hallway, she observed 26 people look at the decorations or make comments to the group of five (G5). However, she found that 34 people just passed by G5 without noticing the decoration or making a comment. A smaller number (31) just walked past G2. Because G5 had more passers than participants, she concluded that placing two of her students in front of art displays would encourage strangers to do the same. Was this a good decision? Please support your answer with an appropriate test.
16. A professor is interested in knowing the correlation, if any, of students’ scores on the first exams given in her two classes.
Class 1 Class 2
Is there a significant correlation? Explain its statistical significance, if any.
17. With respect to the situation in question 16, what other test could the professor use that would yield valid results by looking for differences. What would be the statistical result of the test?
19. A professor was interested in determining if his students made significant improvements in their test scores?
Student Test 1 Test 2
Beth 86 92
Spud 87 90
Latinqua 85 89
Bubba 90 82
Spanky 79 88
Tabitha 90 92
Lisa 92 100
Jonathan 84 91
20. A professor teaches two different subjects (history and sociology) in an ethnically diverse college. She wants to know how much interest students have in prominent political figures. She reasons that knowing this will help her plan for future lectures.
She asked students to rate each person listed with a Lickert scale (a continuum with five being high and 1 being of low interest). Upon looking at the data results, she concluded that there is no need to emphasize any political figure more than the others. Indeed, she reckoned, students in each subject area rated the figures similarly, so she can pace her lessons just as she has in the past.
History students’ scores:
John Maynard Keynes 3.6
Martin Luther King Jr. 4.0
Karl Marx 2.5
Patricia Ireland 2.6
Abraham Lincoln 4.5
Sociology students’ scores:
John Maynard Keynes 3.7
Martin Luther King Jr. 3.9
Karl Marx 4.1
Patricia Ireland 4.0
Abraham Lincoln 3.8
Is her conclusion solid? Please provide a statistical assessment using an appropriate test to evaluate her decision.
Posted Date: 2/15/2013 2:32:59 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
homework, Assignment Help, Ask Question on homework, Get Answer, Expert's Help, homework Discussions
Write discussion on homework
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Index numbers, What are the advantages and disadvantages of index numbers
What are the advantages and disadvantages of index numbers
Conversion process from gaap to ifrs, How important a role do you think IT ...
How important a role do you think IT will play in the conversion process from GAAP to IFRS? Manager 1: Earlier, we never expected the new rules to have such an impact on the
Probability, Mike sells on the average 15 newspapers per week (Monday – Fri...
Mike sells on the average 15 newspapers per week (Monday – Friday). Find the probability that 2.1 In a given week he will sell all the newspapers
Introduction of management accounting, Introduction of Management Accountin...
Introduction of Management Accounting Management accounting or managing sales is worried with the conditions and use of sales details to professionals within companies, to off
Statistical method, advantages of statistical method
advantages of statistical method
Factor anaylsis statistical method , First of all, thank you very much for ...
First of all, thank you very much for your help. I have a mixes data base, categorial variable, liclekt scale on 5 and 4, and continous variable, and several dummy. I would need h
Sale of an asset on account of depreciation, Write a short note on Sale of ...
Write a short note on Sale of An Asset on account of Depreciation. Ans. An asset can be sold anytime before or after its useful life estimated time, in case the asset is sold more
What is Art collection , What is Art collection A personal perform of art...
What is Art collection A personal perform of art or number of products of unique graphics such as artwork, statues, craftwork or other elements generally determined as a perform
Calculate the probability, The Stalk Market, an independent grocery chain, ...
The Stalk Market, an independent grocery chain, has been serving and supporting local communities for over 90 years. Its stores offer friendly service and a wide assortment of natu
Variance, V ariance A measure of dispersion the variance represents...
V ariance A measure of dispersion the variance represents the average distance from any given observation in a series to the mean of that series in the units squared.
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.