Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
homework, Basic Statistics
15. An art professor was interested in seeing what size group is best to prime the pump so to speak to encourage strangers to gather together in front of various exhibits at her art show, so she set up an experiment. In a municipal building off campus, she asked a group of two students to stand next to each other and stare intently at a wall decoration while simultaneously she asked a group of five students to do the same at the other end of the floor. For the next 30 minutes she observed passersby to see if they too looked at the decorations for more than five seconds or made comments about the artwork to members of either group.
Here is what she found: She observed 9 people make comments or look at the decorations for more than five seconds with respect to group of two (G2). Down the hallway, she observed 26 people look at the decorations or make comments to the group of five (G5). However, she found that 34 people just passed by G5 without noticing the decoration or making a comment. A smaller number (31) just walked past G2. Because G5 had more passers than participants, she concluded that placing two of her students in front of art displays would encourage strangers to do the same. Was this a good decision? Please support your answer with an appropriate test.
16. A professor is interested in knowing the correlation, if any, of students’ scores on the first exams given in her two classes.
Class 1 Class 2
Is there a significant correlation? Explain its statistical significance, if any.
17. With respect to the situation in question 16, what other test could the professor use that would yield valid results by looking for differences. What would be the statistical result of the test?
19. A professor was interested in determining if his students made significant improvements in their test scores?
Student Test 1 Test 2
Beth 86 92
Spud 87 90
Latinqua 85 89
Bubba 90 82
Spanky 79 88
Tabitha 90 92
Lisa 92 100
Jonathan 84 91
20. A professor teaches two different subjects (history and sociology) in an ethnically diverse college. She wants to know how much interest students have in prominent political figures. She reasons that knowing this will help her plan for future lectures.
She asked students to rate each person listed with a Lickert scale (a continuum with five being high and 1 being of low interest). Upon looking at the data results, she concluded that there is no need to emphasize any political figure more than the others. Indeed, she reckoned, students in each subject area rated the figures similarly, so she can pace her lessons just as she has in the past.
History students’ scores:
John Maynard Keynes 3.6
Martin Luther King Jr. 4.0
Karl Marx 2.5
Patricia Ireland 2.6
Abraham Lincoln 4.5
Sociology students’ scores:
John Maynard Keynes 3.7
Martin Luther King Jr. 3.9
Karl Marx 4.1
Patricia Ireland 4.0
Abraham Lincoln 3.8
Is her conclusion solid? Please provide a statistical assessment using an appropriate test to evaluate her decision.
Posted Date: 2/15/2013 2:32:59 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
homework, Assignment Help, Ask Question on homework, Get Answer, Expert's Help, homework Discussions
Write discussion on homework
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Time series, explain tthe two uses of time serie, and the four components o...
explain tthe two uses of time serie, and the four components of time series?
Simple Random Selection, What is the properties of a simple random sample w...
What is the properties of a simple random sample when 50 females are numbered 1 through 50, and males are numbered 51 through 100?
Time series, Explain how you would decide whether to use the additive model...
Explain how you would decide whether to use the additive model or the multiplicative model to analyse a time series.
Managerial accounting homework, Your friend Jose is trying to decide whethe...
Your friend Jose is trying to decide whether to buy or lease his next vehicle. He has gathered information about each option but is not sure how to compare the alternatives. Purcha
Collection method, what is the advantages of face-to-face interview?
what is the advantages of face-to-face interview?
Analytical chemistry, a prosecuting attorney in a criminal case presented a...
a prosecuting attorney in a criminal case presented as principal evidence small fragment of glass found imbedded in the coat of the accused.the attorney claimed that the
.., what is probabality
what is probabality
Schedules, what are the characteristics of schedules
what are the characteristics of schedules
Amplification, Amplification is the process by which the magnitudes of the ...
Amplification is the process by which the magnitudes of the variable quantity is increasing, especially the magnitude of voltage, current or power, without changing any other quant
Explain different regions of a pressure-volume, 1. Sketch and explain diffe...
1. Sketch and explain different regions of a pressure-volume diagram of a full cardiac cycle. 2. Sketch and explain the relationship between cardiac output and end-diastolic vol
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.