Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
help with homework, Basic Statistics
1. Penny Pincher, Inc. had a contribution margin of $33,000 on sales of $50,000 and had fixed costs of $18,000. Calculate its break-even point in sales dollars.
2. Krueger Company has a variable cost percentage of 32% on a product that sells for $28 per unit. Fixed costs are $30,000. Krueger wants to know how many units must be sold (a) to break even and (b) to earn a profit of $15,000. Ignore income taxes.
3. Kibble Company had the following functional income statement for the month of July 2011:
Functional Income Statement
For the Month Ending July 31, 2011
Sales ($40 x 25,000) $1,000,000
Cost of goods sold:
Direct materials ($8 x 25,000) $200,000
Direct labor ($6 x 25,000) 150,000
Variable factory overhead ($5.00 x 25,000) 125,000
Fixed factory overhead 180,000 - 655,000
Gross profit $ 345,000
Selling and administrative expenses:
Variable ($1.00 x 25,000) $25,000
Fixed 60,000 - 85,000
Calculate Kibble Company''s break-even sales in units
4. Crazy Crafters is a manufacturer of furniture items. The company is considering the possibility of offering a new coffee table that would sell for $415 each. Cost to manufacture these coffee tables includes $135 in materials and $80 in direct labor for each coffee table. Variable marketing and selling costs would be $25 each. In order to manufacture these coffee tables, the company would need to incur $525,000 in fixed costs for new equipment.
a. Compute the break-even point of the coffee tables in units sold.
b. What would be the total revenue at the break-even point?
c. How many units would Crazy Crafters need to sell to earn a profit of $157,500?
d. If fixed costs in fact are $595,000 rather than $525,000, how many units would need to be sold in order to earn $157,500?
5. Rosebud’s income statement is as follows:
Sales (20,000 units) $100,000
Less variable costs - 60,000
Contribution margin $40,000
Less fixed costs - 24,000
Net income $12,000
If sales increase by $15,000, by how much will net income increase?
6. For the following case, compute the missing values indicated by the letters.
Unit sales 800
Sales revenue $40,000
Variable cost per unit $35
Total Contribution Margin A
Fixed costs $2,500
Operating income B
Unit contribution margin C
Break-even point (units) D
Posted Date: 4/29/2012 4:38:48 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
help with homework, Assignment Help, Ask Question on help with homework, Get Answer, Expert's Help, help with homework Discussions
Write discussion on help with homework
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Soddy and Rutherford, from their experimen...
Soddy and Rutherford, from their experimental study regarding the radioactive disintegration formulated the following laws, known as laws of radioactive disintegration. 1. Radioac
Histogram and Historigram, What are the differences between Histogram and H...
What are the differences between Histogram and Historigram, list out the points.
Permutation, Find the number of different ways in which the 9 letters of th...
Find the number of different ways in which the 9 letters of the word GREENGAGE can be arranged if exactly two Gs are next to each other?
Cash equivalent., Cash equivalent Short-term: highly liquid investments th...
Cash equivalent Short-term: highly liquid investments that are together [1) readily convertible to known amounts of cash & [2) so close to their maturity that they there insignifi
Correlation and regression, What is regression analysis ? Discuss the relat...
What is regression analysis ? Discuss the relation between ''correlation coefficient'' and the ''regression coefficients''?
T test, Ten students are given coaching for environmental statistics. The s...
Ten students are given coaching for environmental statistics. The score obtained in tests 1 and 5 are given below: Sl No of student 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Marks in 1st test 50 52 53
CHI-SQUARE, proof that the square of a normal distribution will give a chi-...
proof that the square of a normal distribution will give a chi-square
Business Research Report Proposal: Initial Research, The initial research p...
The initial research proposal will consist of the following SIX (6) items: 1. Identify a business research topic 2. Define the research questions for the identified problem or opp
Advantages of ifrs over the other accounting standards, IFRS has a lot of a...
IFRS has a lot of advantages over the other accounting standards - Provides consistency Ensures better comparability across organizations across the globe Decreases the c
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.