Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
help with homework, Basic Statistics
1. Penny Pincher, Inc. had a contribution margin of $33,000 on sales of $50,000 and had fixed costs of $18,000. Calculate its break-even point in sales dollars.
2. Krueger Company has a variable cost percentage of 32% on a product that sells for $28 per unit. Fixed costs are $30,000. Krueger wants to know how many units must be sold (a) to break even and (b) to earn a profit of $15,000. Ignore income taxes.
3. Kibble Company had the following functional income statement for the month of July 2011:
Functional Income Statement
For the Month Ending July 31, 2011
Sales ($40 x 25,000) $1,000,000
Cost of goods sold:
Direct materials ($8 x 25,000) $200,000
Direct labor ($6 x 25,000) 150,000
Variable factory overhead ($5.00 x 25,000) 125,000
Fixed factory overhead 180,000 - 655,000
Gross profit $ 345,000
Selling and administrative expenses:
Variable ($1.00 x 25,000) $25,000
Fixed 60,000 - 85,000
Calculate Kibble Company''s break-even sales in units
4. Crazy Crafters is a manufacturer of furniture items. The company is considering the possibility of offering a new coffee table that would sell for $415 each. Cost to manufacture these coffee tables includes $135 in materials and $80 in direct labor for each coffee table. Variable marketing and selling costs would be $25 each. In order to manufacture these coffee tables, the company would need to incur $525,000 in fixed costs for new equipment.
a. Compute the break-even point of the coffee tables in units sold.
b. What would be the total revenue at the break-even point?
c. How many units would Crazy Crafters need to sell to earn a profit of $157,500?
d. If fixed costs in fact are $595,000 rather than $525,000, how many units would need to be sold in order to earn $157,500?
5. Rosebud’s income statement is as follows:
Sales (20,000 units) $100,000
Less variable costs - 60,000
Contribution margin $40,000
Less fixed costs - 24,000
Net income $12,000
If sales increase by $15,000, by how much will net income increase?
6. For the following case, compute the missing values indicated by the letters.
Unit sales 800
Sales revenue $40,000
Variable cost per unit $35
Total Contribution Margin A
Fixed costs $2,500
Operating income B
Unit contribution margin C
Break-even point (units) D
Posted Date: 4/29/2012 4:38:48 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
help with homework, Assignment Help, Ask Question on help with homework, Get Answer, Expert's Help, help with homework Discussions
Write discussion on help with homework
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Power supply, A source of electrical power. A device or system which delive...
A source of electrical power. A device or system which delivers electrical and or other types of energy to a corresponding device or system. Are commonly referred to as PSU (Power
Activity Based Costing, Activity Based Costing, Accounting Traditional cost...
Activity Based Costing, Accounting Traditional cost accounting has been based on allocating a subjective or calculated range of indirect expenses to direct costs. Activity Based Co
Distribution values, find a distribution with 10 values between 0 and 10 th...
find a distribution with 10 values between 0 and 10 that has as large a variance as possible
calculate the chi-square statistic, The table below shows a breakdown of w...
The table below shows a breakdown of women between the ages of 20 to 64 who have had a Pap smear--it shows the number in each age group cross tabulated with the time of their last
Generally accepted accounting principles-gaap, Generally Accepted Accountin...
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles-GAAP: GAAP is an Americanized term for the accounting standards and procedures that need to be followed by companies while compiling their
Index numbers, discuss the considerations to be borne in mind when construc...
discuss the considerations to be borne in mind when constructing index numbers
Project, impact of cost accounting technique in organizational performance
impact of cost accounting technique in organizational performance
STATISTICS, EIGHT definition of statistics and their scholars
EIGHT definition of statistics and their scholars
Histogram, defference between historigrams & histogram
defference between historigrams & histogram
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.