Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
help with homework, Basic Statistics
1. Penny Pincher, Inc. had a contribution margin of $33,000 on sales of $50,000 and had fixed costs of $18,000. Calculate its break-even point in sales dollars.
2. Krueger Company has a variable cost percentage of 32% on a product that sells for $28 per unit. Fixed costs are $30,000. Krueger wants to know how many units must be sold (a) to break even and (b) to earn a profit of $15,000. Ignore income taxes.
3. Kibble Company had the following functional income statement for the month of July 2011:
Functional Income Statement
For the Month Ending July 31, 2011
Sales ($40 x 25,000) $1,000,000
Cost of goods sold:
Direct materials ($8 x 25,000) $200,000
Direct labor ($6 x 25,000) 150,000
Variable factory overhead ($5.00 x 25,000) 125,000
Fixed factory overhead 180,000 - 655,000
Gross profit $ 345,000
Selling and administrative expenses:
Variable ($1.00 x 25,000) $25,000
Fixed 60,000 - 85,000
Calculate Kibble Company''s break-even sales in units
4. Crazy Crafters is a manufacturer of furniture items. The company is considering the possibility of offering a new coffee table that would sell for $415 each. Cost to manufacture these coffee tables includes $135 in materials and $80 in direct labor for each coffee table. Variable marketing and selling costs would be $25 each. In order to manufacture these coffee tables, the company would need to incur $525,000 in fixed costs for new equipment.
a. Compute the break-even point of the coffee tables in units sold.
b. What would be the total revenue at the break-even point?
c. How many units would Crazy Crafters need to sell to earn a profit of $157,500?
d. If fixed costs in fact are $595,000 rather than $525,000, how many units would need to be sold in order to earn $157,500?
5. Rosebud’s income statement is as follows:
Sales (20,000 units) $100,000
Less variable costs - 60,000
Contribution margin $40,000
Less fixed costs - 24,000
Net income $12,000
If sales increase by $15,000, by how much will net income increase?
6. For the following case, compute the missing values indicated by the letters.
Unit sales 800
Sales revenue $40,000
Variable cost per unit $35
Total Contribution Margin A
Fixed costs $2,500
Operating income B
Unit contribution margin C
Break-even point (units) D
Posted Date: 4/29/2012 4:38:48 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
help with homework, Assignment Help, Ask Question on help with homework, Get Answer, Expert's Help, help with homework Discussions
Write discussion on help with homework
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Comprehending Behavior Statistics, I was recently buying shoes when the sal...
I was recently buying shoes when the salesperson commented on how large my feet were. After telling him he had lousy sales techniques, I decided to investigate if I really do have
Poisson distribution, uuuuioooooo zAZ az; z;;ZuazA; Zazx A Za zA ZA xza XZ ...
uuuuioooooo zAZ az; z;;ZuazA; Zazx A Za zA ZA xza XZ Axz AZX A xA XZ axz AZX A zxA ZXa oxz aOX AxzAAX axz
Cost classification, How can costs be classified by objective?
How can costs be classified by objective?
Ransfer pricing, what are the different types of transfer pricing?
what are the different types of transfer pricing?
Calculate a confidence interval for the population, A Shoe manufacturing co...
A Shoe manufacturing company designs a new shoe (Brand A) and it wanted to compare its fit with that of the leading brands in the market Nike and Reebok. 27 Customers were asked to
Financial evaluation of projects, Financial evaluation of projects The net ...
Financial evaluation of projects The net provide value of a venture is the provide value of future repayments reduced by the provide value of expenditures. The amount of lower pric
Corporate B onds/Preffered Stocks, If an exact answer isn''t possible, I re...
If an exact answer isn''t possible, I really just need a guide. The company we are using is GameStop Corp, listed as GME on the NYSE. Using the supplied information and referring
Yujhug, An electron, an alpha-particle and a proton have the same kinetic e...
An electron, an alpha-particle and a proton have the same kinetic energy. Which one of these particles has the largest de-Broglie wavelength ?
Stock control, Two components, A and B, are used as follows: normal usage -...
Two components, A and B, are used as follows: normal usage - 50 per week each minimum usage - 25 per week each maximum usage - 75 per week re-order quantity - A:300; B:500 re-order
Y-axis component of the centroid for an object, I would just like the formu...
I would just like the formula to find the y-axis of a centroid.
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.