Hcfp test the drainage system, Basic Statistics

After successfully having navigated the LPP issue, HCFP has once again for your help.  Now, they are considering implementing a new drainage system to improve water flow across the various ponds within their property.  They have found that poor drainage yields significant bacteria build-up that negatively affects both the ecosystems within and human visitors to their preserves.  You have found the following:

  • The new drainage system has an 80% chance of working well and a 20% chance of not working well
  • A new drainage system that works well will yield $150,000 in benefit to HCFP
  • A new drainage system that does not work well will yield only $40,000 in benefit to HCFP
  • Not installing the new system (that is, keeping the status quo) provides $100,000 in benefit to HCFP
  • A test of the drainage system costs $15,000; this test will tell them with absolute certainty whether the system will work well.

Assume all costs and benefits above are expressed in present values.


a. If HCFP's goal is to maximize the expected net benefit, should they test the system?  Be sure to draw the decision tree that supports your answer.

b. Assume for this part only that installing a drainage system that does not work well has a benefit of $0, instead of $40,000.Should HCFP test the drainage system?  What is the most that HCFP should be willing to pay for the test?

Posted Date: 2/16/2013 7:54:28 AM | Location : United States

Related Discussions:- Hcfp test the drainage system, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Hcfp test the drainage system, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Hcfp test the drainage system Discussions

Write discussion on Hcfp test the drainage system
Your posts are moderated
Related Questions
1)  You are developing a sampling protocol whereby you're going to insert a probe into a turbulent flow in a circular conduit of radius R. a. Using a description of a velocity p

Data was gathered on a group of ninth grade students. Some students have been diagnosed with a learning disability.  All students were measured on conduct, attention, hyperactivity

Introduction of Management Accounting Management accounting or managing sales is worried with the conditions and use of sales details to professionals within companies, to off

Nortel is considering the purchase of a new call routing system. The system will cost $50M to purchase, an additional $7M to install, and will last for 30 years. The CCA rate assoc

what is the basic difference between seasonal variation and cyclical variation

A researcher is interested in characteristics of HIV+ and HIV- adolescents interviewed 166 young adults about their experiences during adolescence. He wished to know, among other

Y=C+1075x,when x was 2, and y was 239, given that y intercept was 11. calculate the residual.

X Ltd had 100000 9% redeemable preference shares of Rs.100 each full paid. The company decided to redeem these pref. shares at par by issue of sufficient number of equity shares of

What is F2 Test,  X, Y Arithmetic Means  The above method of finding out regression equation is tedious. The calculations can very much be simplified if instead of dealing with th

What is a purchase return? A buy purchase return occurs when a buyer profits products that it has bought from a provider. Under the regular inventory system, the cost of the