General Protocol for Media Preparation
A general protocol for media preparation is as follows:
1. Prepare stock solutions one day before the medium is to be made.
2. Weigh the required quantities of agar and sucrose and dissolve them in water (about 314th the final volume of the medium) by heating in a-water bath or autoclaving at low pressure.
3. Pipette the required volumes of each of the stock solutions into the above solution kept on a stirrer.
4. Make up the final volume of the medium by addition of distilled water.
5. Adjust the pH to 5.8 with 0.1-0.5 N NaoH or Hcl.