GENERAL PREVENTIVE MEASURES -
1. Infected animal should be immediately isolated and looked after.
2. The premises should be disinfected whenever there is an outbreak of contagious disease.
3. Carcoss of infected animal should be burreid in a 2m deep pit or burnt along with the infected bedding & liter. It should be covered with a layer of lime before filling the pit.
4. Skin of the infected animal should not be removed.
5. Animals should be kept under sanitary condition overcrowding should be avoided.