1. General Admin costs cover the general running of the organisation. It includes rates, electricity and maintenance recovered from Council - see Income.
2. The high cost of actual recruitment is a result of the head hunting exercise following the 'resignation' of the General Manager
3. The General Manager's salary is less than budgeted for in the actuals following his 'resignation'.
4. The Marketing budget refers to general marketing of the complex and not the individual activities within the complex. It covers advertising hiring of the venue. The increase of the Printing and Advertising budget is a result of the Board's directive to develop business through a general publicity campaign. However as little was spent on research to try to understand the nature of the current and potential market and its segmentation, the campaign proved less than effective
5. The Cost Centres refer to the main activities. The small theatre and the cinema are not separate identities but are shared by Visual Arts and Performing arts for their education programs. The small theatre and cinema are also available for hire.
6. The Bookstore stock refers to stock purchased in the course of the year and does not account for stock already held
7. The Cafe stock refers to consumables purchased throughout the year
8. The main hirers are:
Rates for hiring the venue are differentiated depending on repeat usage and the capacity of the hirer to pay