FEATURES FOR THE BEST PHYSICAL FORM OF LIBRARY CATALOGUE:
Despite the widespread use of the computer for cataloguing, a great many catalogues in the conventional format, such as card form, will continue to exist, at least in countries like India, for many years to come. Whatever physical form a catalogue may have, it should have the following features
• It must be easy to use.
• It must be easy to keep up-to-date.
• It should enable browsing on scanning over a number of entries at a time.
• Multiple copies must be easily produced.
• It must occupy as little space as possible.
• It should provide multiple access points.
It may be relevant to compare and contrast the various physical forms of library catalogues to identify their best features.