Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
factory method, Software Engineering
For this assignment you will create a program called MMWordFix (Multi-Mode WordFix). This program prompts the user to select one of three word filters (uppercase, lowercase, encrypt). Then it allows the user to repeatedly apply this filter either interactively or to convert a file. Here is a sample run:
If the user tries to convert a file and the file is not found in the local directory, they should see an error message, e.g.:
If the user does not correctly enter the name of one of the filters, WordFix should continue to prompt the user until a valid selection is entered. For example,
This program builds on Hwk4.
IFilter, FUpperCase, FLowerCase, FEncrypt:
• No changes.
• Change method selectFilter to return a pointer to IFactory. Thus it creates and returns an instance of the appropriate factory (instead of filter).
• An interface that has method NewFilter, which takes no arguments and returns a pointer to an IFilter.
UCaseFactory, LCaseFactory, EncryptFactory:
• Each implements interface IFactory.
• Each creates a different type of filter object: FUpperCase, FLowerCase, or FEncrypt respectively.
• Has private attribute myFilter, which is a pointer to an IFilter.
• The constructor takes a pointer to an IFactory as an argument. It uses the factory object to create a filter object, which it saves in myFilter.
• Has method DoInteractiveSession, which takes no arguments and returns nothing. This method:
o Prompts the user for a word, then accepts a word from the user.
o If the word is “q”, the method returns.
o Otherwise it executes myFilter on the word, and displays the result.
• Note that InteractiveFix should not know anything about specific factory or filter classes; it only knows about IFactory and IFilter.
• Has private attribute myFactory, which is a pointer to an IFactory.
• The constructor takes a pointer to an IFactory as an argument. It saves the factory object in myFactory.
• Has method ConvertFile, which takes string argument and returns nothing. The argument is the name of the input file. This method:
o Uses myFactory to create the appropriate filter object.
o Opens the input file and output file (same name but .fix suffix).
o Reads each line in the input file, converts it, and writes it to the output file.
o Closes both files.
• Note that FileFix should not know anything about specific factory or filter classes; it only knows about IFactory and IFilter.
• Prompts the user for a filter name, using the FilterMgr to get the choices.
• Accepts a filter name from the user.
• If the filter name is “q”, the program quits.
• Uses the FilterMgr to get the appropriate factory object that can create the named filter. If the filter name is not one of the available filters, the user is prompted again.
• Now the user may repeatedly apply the filter in one of two modes.
o Prompt the user for the mode (“i” or “f”)
o If the mode is “q”, the program quits.
o If the mode is “i”, an InteractiveFix object is created and used to apply the filter interactively.
o If the mode is “f”, the user is prompted for a file name then a FileFix object is created and used to apply the filter to a file.
• Note that main() should not know about any of the specific factory classes; it only knows about IFactory.
• Note that main() should not know anything about filters.
Posted Date: 10/28/2012 7:55:37 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
factory method, Assignment Help, Ask Question on factory method, Get Answer, Expert's Help, factory method Discussions
Write discussion on factory method
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Illustrate basic COCOMO model, Q. Illustrate Basic COCOMO model? Basic ...
Q. Illustrate Basic COCOMO model? Basic COCOMO model:- It provides an order of magnitude of cost. This model utilizes estimated size of software project and the type of softwar
Explain about mutation testing, Q. Explain about Mutation testing? Mut...
Q. Explain about Mutation testing? Mutation testing In mutation testing the software is initial tested by using an preliminary test suite built up from the different white bo
One want record a data driven test then how will one do that, You want to r...
You want to record a data driven test. How will you do that? There are 3 ways to create a data-driven test: a.) By using data from a data table b.) By using data from a f
Data Mining Question, This assignment uses the data set rent.txt, the Housi...
This assignment uses the data set rent.txt, the Housing Rent Prices in Munich file available at ">http://www.interactivegraphics.org/Datasets.html. 1.Produce a scatterplot of Re
Define evolutionary prototyping, Q. Define Evolutionary prototyping? Ev...
Q. Define Evolutionary prototyping? Evolutionary Prototyping is also known as breadboard prototyping is quite different from Throwaway Prototyping. The major goal when using Ev
What is requirement elicitation methods, Q. What is requirement elicitation...
Q. What is requirement elicitation methods? Subsequent to receiving the problem statement from the customer the first step is to arrange a meeting with the customer. During the
calculus, solve inequalities and graph the solutions: [z/25-1
solve inequalities and graph the solutions: [z/25-1]
Data model, What is the diamgram .
What is the diamgram .
Explain different type of testing tools, Q. Explain different type of testi...
Q. Explain different type of testing tools? (a) Test Case Generators: These tools produce test cases from SRS program or test design languages. They utilize certain rules cal
How a prototype can be categorised, How a prototype can be categorised ...
How a prototype can be categorised 1. A paper prototype which is a model depicting human machine interaction in a form which makes user understand how such interaction, would
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.