Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
factory method, Software Engineering
For this assignment you will create a program called MMWordFix (Multi-Mode WordFix). This program prompts the user to select one of three word filters (uppercase, lowercase, encrypt). Then it allows the user to repeatedly apply this filter either interactively or to convert a file. Here is a sample run:
If the user tries to convert a file and the file is not found in the local directory, they should see an error message, e.g.:
If the user does not correctly enter the name of one of the filters, WordFix should continue to prompt the user until a valid selection is entered. For example,
This program builds on Hwk4.
IFilter, FUpperCase, FLowerCase, FEncrypt:
• No changes.
• Change method selectFilter to return a pointer to IFactory. Thus it creates and returns an instance of the appropriate factory (instead of filter).
• An interface that has method NewFilter, which takes no arguments and returns a pointer to an IFilter.
UCaseFactory, LCaseFactory, EncryptFactory:
• Each implements interface IFactory.
• Each creates a different type of filter object: FUpperCase, FLowerCase, or FEncrypt respectively.
• Has private attribute myFilter, which is a pointer to an IFilter.
• The constructor takes a pointer to an IFactory as an argument. It uses the factory object to create a filter object, which it saves in myFilter.
• Has method DoInteractiveSession, which takes no arguments and returns nothing. This method:
o Prompts the user for a word, then accepts a word from the user.
o If the word is “q”, the method returns.
o Otherwise it executes myFilter on the word, and displays the result.
• Note that InteractiveFix should not know anything about specific factory or filter classes; it only knows about IFactory and IFilter.
• Has private attribute myFactory, which is a pointer to an IFactory.
• The constructor takes a pointer to an IFactory as an argument. It saves the factory object in myFactory.
• Has method ConvertFile, which takes string argument and returns nothing. The argument is the name of the input file. This method:
o Uses myFactory to create the appropriate filter object.
o Opens the input file and output file (same name but .fix suffix).
o Reads each line in the input file, converts it, and writes it to the output file.
o Closes both files.
• Note that FileFix should not know anything about specific factory or filter classes; it only knows about IFactory and IFilter.
• Prompts the user for a filter name, using the FilterMgr to get the choices.
• Accepts a filter name from the user.
• If the filter name is “q”, the program quits.
• Uses the FilterMgr to get the appropriate factory object that can create the named filter. If the filter name is not one of the available filters, the user is prompted again.
• Now the user may repeatedly apply the filter in one of two modes.
o Prompt the user for the mode (“i” or “f”)
o If the mode is “q”, the program quits.
o If the mode is “i”, an InteractiveFix object is created and used to apply the filter interactively.
o If the mode is “f”, the user is prompted for a file name then a FileFix object is created and used to apply the filter to a file.
• Note that main() should not know about any of the specific factory classes; it only knows about IFactory.
• Note that main() should not know anything about filters.
Posted Date: 10/28/2012 7:55:37 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
factory method, Assignment Help, Ask Question on factory method, Get Answer, Expert's Help, factory method Discussions
Write discussion on factory method
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
IEEE 802.3, what is meant by 345 rule in IEEE 802.3 ?
what is meant by 345 rule in IEEE 802.3 ?
Determine the level 4 of key process areas, Determine the Level 4 of key pr...
Determine the Level 4 of key process areas Level 4 KPAs: 1) Quantitative Process Management (QP): It states quantitative standards for software process. 2)
Explain rad model, RAD Model Rapid Application Development Model is ...
RAD Model Rapid Application Development Model is the method of incremental model. Achieves the high speed development using component based construction. Phases
Difference between verification and validation, Difference between Verifica...
Difference between Verification and Validation Verification is Static whereas Validation is Dynamic. This means in Verification the s/w is inspected by looking into the code go
Outsourcing software, discuss how your organization can take advantage of o...
discuss how your organization can take advantage of outsourcing its IT systems/functions
What are the various types of coupling, What are the various types of coupl...
What are the various types of coupling? i. Data coupling - The data coupling is likely by parameter passing or data interaction. ii. Control coupling - The modules share c
Reverse engineering, explain the effect of reverse engineering of software ...
explain the effect of reverse engineering of software development #
Design and run the usability testing, You have been commissioned to design ...
You have been commissioned to design and run the usability testing for an upcoming e-commerce website that will sell computing hardware and software. In this first part of the
Indexing -micro cds/isis application, Indexing: The CDS/ISIS package i...
Indexing: The CDS/ISIS package indexes all fields selected for indexing into a single file. This file is known as 'inverted file'. There are indexing techniques for building i
Applications of a stochastic model , Aims: The aims of this report are to e...
Aims: The aims of this report are to enable you to explore the background, motivations, history, development and/or applications of one of the stochastic models. You may choose
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.