Get quote & make Payment
factory method, Software Engineering
For this assignment you will create a program called MMWordFix (Multi-Mode WordFix). This program prompts the user to select one of three word filters (uppercase, lowercase, encrypt). Then it allows the user to repeatedly apply this filter either interactively or to convert a file. Here is a sample run:
If the user tries to convert a file and the file is not found in the local directory, they should see an error message, e.g.:
If the user does not correctly enter the name of one of the filters, WordFix should continue to prompt the user until a valid selection is entered. For example,
This program builds on Hwk4.
IFilter, FUpperCase, FLowerCase, FEncrypt:
• No changes.
• Change method selectFilter to return a pointer to IFactory. Thus it creates and returns an instance of the appropriate factory (instead of filter).
• An interface that has method NewFilter, which takes no arguments and returns a pointer to an IFilter.
UCaseFactory, LCaseFactory, EncryptFactory:
• Each implements interface IFactory.
• Each creates a different type of filter object: FUpperCase, FLowerCase, or FEncrypt respectively.
• Has private attribute myFilter, which is a pointer to an IFilter.
• The constructor takes a pointer to an IFactory as an argument. It uses the factory object to create a filter object, which it saves in myFilter.
• Has method DoInteractiveSession, which takes no arguments and returns nothing. This method:
o Prompts the user for a word, then accepts a word from the user.
o If the word is “q”, the method returns.
o Otherwise it executes myFilter on the word, and displays the result.
• Note that InteractiveFix should not know anything about specific factory or filter classes; it only knows about IFactory and IFilter.
• Has private attribute myFactory, which is a pointer to an IFactory.
• The constructor takes a pointer to an IFactory as an argument. It saves the factory object in myFactory.
• Has method ConvertFile, which takes string argument and returns nothing. The argument is the name of the input file. This method:
o Uses myFactory to create the appropriate filter object.
o Opens the input file and output file (same name but .fix suffix).
o Reads each line in the input file, converts it, and writes it to the output file.
o Closes both files.
• Note that FileFix should not know anything about specific factory or filter classes; it only knows about IFactory and IFilter.
• Prompts the user for a filter name, using the FilterMgr to get the choices.
• Accepts a filter name from the user.
• If the filter name is “q”, the program quits.
• Uses the FilterMgr to get the appropriate factory object that can create the named filter. If the filter name is not one of the available filters, the user is prompted again.
• Now the user may repeatedly apply the filter in one of two modes.
o Prompt the user for the mode (“i” or “f”)
o If the mode is “q”, the program quits.
o If the mode is “i”, an InteractiveFix object is created and used to apply the filter interactively.
o If the mode is “f”, the user is prompted for a file name then a FileFix object is created and used to apply the filter to a file.
• Note that main() should not know about any of the specific factory classes; it only knows about IFactory.
• Note that main() should not know anything about filters.
Posted Date: 10/28/2012 7:55:37 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
factory method, Assignment Help, Ask Question on factory method, Get Answer, Expert's Help, factory method Discussions
Write discussion on factory method
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Define traceability, Define Traceability Traceability is the overall...
Define Traceability Traceability is the overall property of requirements specification which reflects the easiness of finding related requirements. Three different parts
What is maintenance, Define maintenance. Maintenance is defined as the ...
Define maintenance. Maintenance is defined as the procedure in which changes are executed by either modifying the existing system's architecture or by adding new mechanism to t
Explain re-engineering, RE-ENGINEERING:- It is re-organizing and changing ...
RE-ENGINEERING:- It is re-organizing and changing existing system to make them more maintainable. It includes:- Source code translation. Program structure development
Explain in brief the concept of functional independence, Explain in brief t...
Explain in brief the concept of Functional independence ?
Illustrate the features of function count, Q. Illustrate the Features of fu...
Q. Illustrate the Features of function count? Features:- Function point goes forward is independent of the language tools or methodologies used for implementation.
Determine the level 4 of key process areas, Determine the Level 4 of key pr...
Determine the Level 4 of key process areas Level 4 KPAs: 1) Quantitative Process Management (QP): It states quantitative standards for software process. 2)
What is data validity, Data validity is the reasonableness and correctness ...
Data validity is the reasonableness and correctness of data.
Define graph matrix and connection matrix, Q. Define graph matrix and conne...
Q. Define graph matrix and connection matrix. Ans: Graph matrix: A graph matrix is a square matrix whose size that is a number of rows and columns is equal to the number of n
Define data objects attributes and relationship, Define Data objects, attr...
Define Data objects, attributes & relationship. Data object: Illustration of any composite information that must be understood by a software. It can be any external entity. Att
Making, How can we make a software
How can we make a software
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.