Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
factory method, Software Engineering
For this assignment you will create a program called MMWordFix (Multi-Mode WordFix). This program prompts the user to select one of three word filters (uppercase, lowercase, encrypt). Then it allows the user to repeatedly apply this filter either interactively or to convert a file. Here is a sample run:
If the user tries to convert a file and the file is not found in the local directory, they should see an error message, e.g.:
If the user does not correctly enter the name of one of the filters, WordFix should continue to prompt the user until a valid selection is entered. For example,
This program builds on Hwk4.
IFilter, FUpperCase, FLowerCase, FEncrypt:
• No changes.
• Change method selectFilter to return a pointer to IFactory. Thus it creates and returns an instance of the appropriate factory (instead of filter).
• An interface that has method NewFilter, which takes no arguments and returns a pointer to an IFilter.
UCaseFactory, LCaseFactory, EncryptFactory:
• Each implements interface IFactory.
• Each creates a different type of filter object: FUpperCase, FLowerCase, or FEncrypt respectively.
• Has private attribute myFilter, which is a pointer to an IFilter.
• The constructor takes a pointer to an IFactory as an argument. It uses the factory object to create a filter object, which it saves in myFilter.
• Has method DoInteractiveSession, which takes no arguments and returns nothing. This method:
o Prompts the user for a word, then accepts a word from the user.
o If the word is “q”, the method returns.
o Otherwise it executes myFilter on the word, and displays the result.
• Note that InteractiveFix should not know anything about specific factory or filter classes; it only knows about IFactory and IFilter.
• Has private attribute myFactory, which is a pointer to an IFactory.
• The constructor takes a pointer to an IFactory as an argument. It saves the factory object in myFactory.
• Has method ConvertFile, which takes string argument and returns nothing. The argument is the name of the input file. This method:
o Uses myFactory to create the appropriate filter object.
o Opens the input file and output file (same name but .fix suffix).
o Reads each line in the input file, converts it, and writes it to the output file.
o Closes both files.
• Note that FileFix should not know anything about specific factory or filter classes; it only knows about IFactory and IFilter.
• Prompts the user for a filter name, using the FilterMgr to get the choices.
• Accepts a filter name from the user.
• If the filter name is “q”, the program quits.
• Uses the FilterMgr to get the appropriate factory object that can create the named filter. If the filter name is not one of the available filters, the user is prompted again.
• Now the user may repeatedly apply the filter in one of two modes.
o Prompt the user for the mode (“i” or “f”)
o If the mode is “q”, the program quits.
o If the mode is “i”, an InteractiveFix object is created and used to apply the filter interactively.
o If the mode is “f”, the user is prompted for a file name then a FileFix object is created and used to apply the filter to a file.
• Note that main() should not know about any of the specific factory classes; it only knows about IFactory.
• Note that main() should not know anything about filters.
Posted Date: 10/28/2012 7:55:37 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
factory method, Assignment Help, Ask Question on factory method, Get Answer, Expert's Help, factory method Discussions
Write discussion on factory method
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Time Line Chart for Online Shopping Management , Sir I need a Basic Ready m...
Sir I need a Basic Ready made Time Line Chart for Online Shopping Management Project Because I have to submit the Project Report on 8 April 2013 So can u provide some urgent help n
What is code coverage and code inspection, What is Code Coverage and Code I...
What is Code Coverage and Code Inspection - This is an analysis method which verifies which parts of the software have already been covered by the test case suite and which are
Define verification and validation, Define Verification &Validation. V...
Define Verification &Validation. Verification: The set of activities that make sure that software correctly executes a specific function. Validation: The set of activiti
What does data dictionary contains, What does data dictionary contains? ...
What does data dictionary contains? Name: The primary name of the data. Alias: other names used Where-used/How-used: A record of processes that use the data or control it
Describe various types of cohesion, Describe various types of Cohesion? ...
Describe various types of Cohesion? i. Coincidentally cohesive -The modules in which the set I\of tasks are linked with each other loosely then these modules are called coincid
What is statement testing, Testing to satisfy the criterion that every stat...
Testing to satisfy the criterion that every statement in a program be implemented at least once during program testing.
Define about the erroneous data - Test data, Define about the erroneous dat...
Define about the erroneous data - Test data Abnormal/erroneous data - This is data outside the limits of validity/acceptability and must cause an error message to be g
Development phases of the detailed cocomo model, Q. Explain the development...
Q. Explain the development phases of the detailed COCOMO model. Ans A software development is performed in four successive phases which are as follows 1 : plan/requirement
Explain document interchange standards, Document interchange standards ...
Document interchange standards Interchange standards permit electronic documents to be exchanged mailed, etc. Documents are produced using dissimilar systems and on differe
Operating systems, Compare and contrast two operating systems
Compare and contrast two operating systems
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.