Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
explain uses of system call and its major types, Basic Computer Science
In computing, a system call is how a program asks for a service from an operating system''s kernel. This may contain hardware related services (for example accessing the hard disk), creating and executing new methods, and communicating with integral kernel services (like scheduling). System calls give the interface among a process and the operating system.
The major types of system calls are as follow:
1. Process Control: These types of system calls are used to manage the processes. Some illustrations are end, abort, execute, create process, load, terminate process etc.
2. File Management: These types of system calls are used to organize files. Some illustrations are Create file, delete file, close, read, open, and write etc.
3. Device Management: These types of system calls are used to control devices. Some examples are release device, request device, read, write, get device attributes etc.
4. Information Maintenance: These types of system calls are used to put system data and get process information. Some illustrations are time, id, OS parameters, time used etc.
5. Communications: These types of system calls are used to set up a connection. Some examples are send message, receive messages, terminate etc
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 4:30:33 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
explain uses of system call and its major types, Assignment Help, Ask Question on explain uses of system call and its major types, Get Answer, Expert's Help, explain uses of system call and its major types Discussions
Write discussion on explain uses of system call and its major types
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Iterative deepening search-artificial intelligence, Iterative Deepening Sea...
Iterative Deepening Search- Artificial intelligence: So, breadth first search is guaranteed to find a solution (if one exists), but it grape whole memory. However, Depth first
Goals of autonomous rational agents, Goals of Autonomous Rational Agents: A...
Goals of Autonomous Rational Agents: Artificial intelligence One possible way to improve an agent's performance is to enable it to have some kind of details about what it is tr
Internet history, basic of internet history
basic of internet history
Education and society, mention the aims of education in present scenario
mention the aims of education in present scenario
Computer organisation, What is the key characteristic of ROM?
What is the key characteristic of ROM?
Q: HOW DO YOU CODE -- WITHOUT USING ARRAYS OR SPLIT FUNCTION, Q: HOW DO YOU...
Q: HOW DO YOU CODE -- WITHOUT USING ARRAYS OR SPLIT FUNCTIONS -- TO SEPARATE COMMA SEPARATE NUMBER VALUES AND THEN SUM TO TOTAL? I.E., USING SUBSTRING AND INDEXOF. I''ve been try
Omputer applications 2, true or false-- most designs of a desktop publishin...
true or false-- most designs of a desktop publishing document needs to follow clear, specific rules pertaining to design
Digital logic design, encoder
What is a font, Question 1 What is a desktop? Explain the Windows XP deskt...
Question 1 What is a desktop? Explain the Windows XP desktop? Question 2 How does a flash drive work? Question 3 Write the procedure for creating Macro Question 4 E
Q1, Write a half-page summary explaining IP spoofing.
Write a half-page summary explaining IP spoofing.
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.