a. Explain the function of the group.
b. For each group, describe the following:
1) How it came into being.
2) How long it has existed (and is expected to continue).
3) The stages of group development it has already gone through.
4) How its members were selected and whether or not the group has a fixed or flexible membership.
5) What type of leadership the group has.
6) What style(s) of leadership the group displays.
7) How the group leader communicates during group meetings.
c. As a team, discuss each of the situations below for each member's organizational team. Then choose the best example for each scenario from your discussion to complete the items below for the final paper. In other words, one team member's group example may be the best example for scenario #1; whereas a different team member's example may be the best example for scenario #2, and so on.
1) Give an example of the role communication played in the group's ability or inability to complete a task.
2) Discuss a conflict or problem that arose in the group and what communication techniques were used to resolve it.
3) Discuss the role(s) the respective member has played in the group. Describe any communication strategies you used to fulfill your role within the group.
4) Discuss whether or not you believe "groupthink" is or could be a problem for this group or team.