(a) Imagine you need to move people through a distance of 10 miles, with the following specifications.
• Car: capacity = 5, speed = 60 miles/hour
• Bus: capacity = 60, speed = 20 miles/hour
• Latency: car = 10 min, bus = 30 min
Determine the throughput of the car and the bus in PPH.
(b) Assume the Car/bus example in (a)
A is X times faster than B if
• Latency(A) = Latency(B) / X
• Throughput(A) = Throughput(B) * X
• A is X% faster than B if
• Latency(A) = Latency(B) / (1+X/100)
• Throughput(A) = Throughput(B) * (1+X/100)
(c) Consider the CPI = 2 and clock = 500 MHz, determine the MIPS.
(d) Evaluate the download time taken for a 1.536 GB file given a data transmission rate of 512 kbps.
(i) Consider 100% usage of the line of communication
(ii) Consider 80% usage of the line of communication
(e) Explain Moore's law and Amdahl's law.