On successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
1. Explain the role of human resource (HR) managers and their part in achieving organisational goals.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the principal activities that make up the HR function.
3. Explain how the role of the HR manager is being affected by corporate needs, legislation and employee demands; and
4. Explain the link between effective management of human resources and overall organisational effectiveness.
5. Demonstrate enhanced personal knowledge, skills and competencies that contribute to the effective management of people within organisations.