Exchange rate policy, Microeconomics

Exchange Rate Policy:

LERMS, a dual exchange rate system, was introduced in the Budget for 1992-93. Under this system, 40 per cent of foreign exchange earnings were to be surrendered at the official exchange rate. Remaining 60 per cent were converted at a market-determined rate.  

- Budget for 1993-94 introduced UERS which makes rupee convertible at unified market determined rate of exchange. All payments and receipts of foreign exchange to be converted in rupees at market-determined rate of exchange.

- Budget for 1994-95 introduced full convertibility on current account that makes many trade transactions relatively more free of controls.

- Import restrictions on capital goods, raw materials and components virtually eliminated. Thus, excess import demand will be reflected in a higher market exchange rate and self-correcting mechanism will operate to keep trade deficit in check.  

Posted Date: 11/15/2012 12:28:38 AM | Location : United States

Related Discussions:- Exchange rate policy, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Exchange rate policy, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Exchange rate policy Discussions

Write discussion on Exchange rate policy
Your posts are moderated
Related Questions
What are subsidies?  Almost in all market systems, government plays its role to stabilize the price of certain commodities, which are of public interest like medicines and edib

2. Suppose the price of printing paper for digital cameras has recently risen by 10 percent due to an increase in the cost of materials used in the finish for the paper. As a resu

THEORY OF COSUMER  BEHAVIOUR: BASIC THEMES: We elaborated two classical theories (viz. Cardinal Approach and Ordinal Approach). In ordinal approach discussing the indifference

Theories of Chamberlin’s monopolistic competition and Joan Robinson’s imperfect competition have revealed that a firm under monopolistic competition or imperfect competition in lon

COMBINED FINANCES OF UNION AND STATES: Taxes on goods and services are levied in India in various forms and at different levels of Government, Centre, states, and local bodies

chemistry assignments ,  Some normally nonmagnetic substances are attracted by a magnetic field and studies of these "paramagnetic" substances give information about the number of

Since World War II, North Korea has had a centrally planned economy in which the government makes the big decisions on how resources will be allocated. Why would you expect North K

The reason that an entrepreneur supposes the risk of starting a business is to earn profits.  The fundamental assumption in the theory of production is that a rational owner of a b

Rationale in era of globalisation: In the present era of globalisation where countries have unprecedented access to international capital flows and where those who have borrow