In a comparative study you are examining two items, two scenarios, for Introduction to Professionalism you will be Examining two Regulated Health Professions. One will be the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario and the second will be your choice anyone of the remaining 22 regulated health professions.
You will need to provide me with an introduction to your Comparative Study
Create a chart to do the comparison using the following headings
1. The profession and name of the Regulatory Body and definition of the profession
2. Mission Statement -is there a mission statement, state it (remember to reference and use quotations if using it word for word)
3. Registration Requirements
4. Committee Structures -what are the committees they have, and their purpose
5. Code of Ethics -is there one present, do not copy it out but review it and identify at least three areas that may be similar and three areas that may be different
6. Standards of Practice -is there one present, do not copy it out but review it and identify at least three similarities and three areas that may be different
7. Continuing Education Requirements -identify what the requirements are.
A conclusion of one or two paragraphs must be provided, and in these paragraphs you need to identify the purpose for these regulatory bodies to be established, their effectiveness. Briefly outline the steps it takes to change an aspect of the health profession.