Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting Discussions
Write discussion on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Estimate the probability, A football coach recorded in the practice session...
A football coach recorded in the practice sessions how many attempts were needed for a certain player to kick a field goal from the 25-yard line, and got the following numbers 3
Conduct all steps of the hypothesis test, The owner of Big Fish supermarket...
The owner of Big Fish supermarket was reviewing some data from a research report on the type of advertisements in the local paper that are most effective. Three types of ads (big
Estimate of the population mean, Playbill magazine reported that the mean a...
Playbill magazine reported that the mean annual household income of its readers is $119,155 (Playbill, January 2006). Assume this estimate of the mean annual household income is ba
Veen diagram, explanation
Measure of dispersion, What are the uses of measures of dispersion in the f...
What are the uses of measures of dispersion in the field of civil engineering?
Electric fields, 2. Two disks, each of radius 10.0 cm, are charged so that ...
2. Two disks, each of radius 10.0 cm, are charged so that one has a charge of +10.0 nC and the other has a charge of -10.0 nC. The disks are then placed with their flat faces facin
Characteristics of data in statistics, Important Characteristics of Data ...
Important Characteristics of Data Center - The representative or average value which indicates where the middle of the data is located. Variation - the measur
Rockford Practice Set 14th Edition, I need help with the adjusting entries....
I need help with the adjusting entries.
Scale of measurement , which scale of measurement is used for Class size
which scale of measurement is used for Class size
Doppler effect project, what materials and procedure to do im lost
what materials and procedure to do im lost
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.