Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting Discussions
Write discussion on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
State unemployment tax, State unemployment tax Condition government aut...
State unemployment tax Condition government authorities provide lack of employment solutions and figure out conditions lack of employment tax amount for each company. (Some not
Women tend to work out together, You notice at the gym that it appears more...
You notice at the gym that it appears more women tend to work out together, while more men tend to work out alone. To show whether this difference is significant, you collect data
Example of inference, Q. Example of inference? Ans. Thirty student...
Q. Example of inference? Ans. Thirty students from a college were surveyed and classified according to two variables: (1) gender (M/F) and (2) major (liberal arts, busines
BALANCE SHEET , BALANCE SHEET A financial report that shows the resources,...
BALANCE SHEET A financial report that shows the resources, obligations, and stock of a business at a specified time frame in complying with usually recognized sales concepts (GAAP
Margin of error, The poll interviewed 1500 persons rather than 1060, for 95...
The poll interviewed 1500 persons rather than 1060, for 95% confidence.
Calculate the monopoly profits and probability , Each firm in a competitive...
Each firm in a competitive research industry can undertake one project at a constant cost, f = $960 to try and develop a certain new product. The inverse demand curve for the new
Calculate income and substitution effects, In November 2010, every Mzumbe U...
In November 2010, every Mzumbe University student had an income of 150000/= per month,facing the price of meal (X) 1000/= and average price of other goods (Y) 1000/=.The initial ut
Accounting equation, A.Austria invested cash $1,000 and a type writer $2,50...
A.Austria invested cash $1,000 and a type writer $2,500
Standard deviation, how to get the standard deviation
how to get the standard deviation
Circular motion, Explain why large lorries carrying heavy loads may not suc...
Explain why large lorries carrying heavy loads may not succed to go through a curve safely
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.