Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting Discussions
Write discussion on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
HYPOTHESIS TESTING, The fluctuations in the stock market induce some invest...
The fluctuations in the stock market induce some investors to sell and move their money into more stable investments. To determine the degree to which recent fluctuation affected o
What is the probability that a major defect is detected, Back to the worksh...
Back to the workshop the previous problem but assuming that in each of the three stages of development, there is a certain probability that a major defect is detected. When such a
Mariginal costing, marginal costing and its break-event analysis
marginal costing and its break-event analysis
Journal entry, started business with cash
started business with cash
Explain the term “trial balance” and its needs, Explain the term “Trial Bal...
Explain the term “Trial Balance” and its needs for an organization. Ans. A Trial Balance is a statement of summarization of the all the involved ledgers accounts at the end of th
Find the probability that a cup of drink chosen at random, Question: (i...
Question: (i) A soft drink machine is regulated so that it fills an average of 300 cL per cup. If the amount of drink in each cup is normally distributed with standard deviati
Standard deviation, how do i calculate standard deviation for a frequency d...
how do i calculate standard deviation for a frequency distribution
Sampling, What is the sampling and it importance in daily routain life. Exp...
What is the sampling and it importance in daily routain life. Explain stratify sampling
Cost accounting, difference between financial statement and annual report ....
difference between financial statement and annual report .
.two functions of accounting, Two functions of Accounting. Accounting Pu...
Two functions of Accounting. Accounting Purchase only: In the guides of Records only a transaction which is relevant to some cash value can be registered. Posting: The Expl
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.