Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting Discussions
Write discussion on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Stratified sampling, Stratified Sampling: If the population from which a sa...
Stratified Sampling: If the population from which a sample is to be drawn does not constitute a homogenous group, then stratified sampling technique is applied so as to obtain a re
Definition of capital lease as a financial arrangement, Definition of capit...
Definition of capital lease in term of financial arrangement whereby a lessee pays rental for asset. Capital lease is a financial arrangement underlying a agreement where a lesse
Level of significance, Twenty years ago, entering male high school students...
Twenty years ago, entering male high school students of Central High could do an average of 24 pushups in 60 seconds. To see whether this remains true today, a random sample of 36
AMOUNT AVAILABLE IN DEBT SERVICE FUNDS , AMOUNT AVAILABLE IN DEBT SERVICE ...
AMOUNT AVAILABLE IN DEBT SERVICE FUNDS An "other debit" common journal value used in the General Long-Term Bills Additional Consideration that designates the quality of resources
Marginal costring , marginal costing question and answer
marginal costing question and answer
Find out revised probabilities for symptoms, This problem set consists of t...
This problem set consists of three problems and a short essay. Each problem is worth 7 points, the essay is worth 4 points for a total of 25 points. 1. What are the chances th
methods of collecting primary data, Distinguish between primary and second...
Distinguish between primary and secondary data. What are the methods of collecting primary data?
Draw a scatter diagram relating cigarette, The following data relating ciga...
The following data relating cigarette smoking and death rates for lung cancers in 14 states in the USA. The data are based in part on records concerning 1960 cigarette tax receipts
Calculate the investments through model, Anna is considering investing $150...
Anna is considering investing $150,000 by dividing it into three investments. But she is not sure how much to put in each one. The first investment is known to follow a uniform dis
Surveys through schedules, Under this methods the enumerators are appointed...
Under this methods the enumerators are appointed and given training. They are provided with schedules containing relevant questions. These enumerators go to respondents with the
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.