Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
How to solve accounting homework?, How to solve accounting homework?
How to solve accounting homework?
IFRS 9, The company acquired 50000 8% preferencd shares (with a par value o...
The company acquired 50000 8% preferencd shares (with a par value of R4 each) in cross limited on 30 june 2006 for R180000.
Accounts receivable solutions, Volumes due from personal individuals or com...
Volumes due from personal individuals or companies for products, and/or solutions equipped by the condition. Records Receivable does not involve amounts due from other companies, r
Compute the mean absolute deviation and mean square error, Toyota Motors in...
Toyota Motors introduced a hybrid car Hybrid G in the U.S. market in 2006. In the first three years, the sales of Hybrid G were strong due to the buzz surrounding the hybrid car co
Determine the probability - probability example, 1. This question has multi...
1. This question has multiple parts. For a distribution of scores with = 82 and standard deviation = 2.5, find the following: (Don't forget to sketch the normal curve to help
Assignment problem, how to solve the assignment problem?
how to solve the assignment problem?
Correlation, difference between positive and negative correlaiton
difference between positive and negative correlaiton
Inventory control, Inventory control Inventory Control is the guidance of ...
Inventory control Inventory Control is the guidance of provide, storage and convenience of items to ensure an adequate provide without excessive oversupply. It can also be known a
What is the lm and is curve, Consider an economy specified by the following...
Consider an economy specified by the following: Y = PE = C + I + G + NX (Income identity) C = 400 + 0.9YD
Bond Relationship, Bond Relationship A debt gadget issued through a offici...
Bond Relationship A debt gadget issued through a official or just the formal legal procedure and secured either by the pledge of detailed properties or revenues or by the general
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.