Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting Discussions
Write discussion on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Discuss the role that racism played in public policies, Discuss the role th...
Discuss the role that racism played in public policies related to urban housing throughout the twentieth century. Did this racism manifest itself solely on an individual level (i.e
Degree of tastiness, A researcher is interested in comparing tastiness of d...
A researcher is interested in comparing tastiness of different parts of cheese in grilled cheese sandwiches. The researcher expects that Cheddar cheese grilled sandwiches are rate
Management accounting, how cost classification can helpful for planning, co...
how cost classification can helpful for planning, controlling and decision making
Cost accounting, company foh
Logistic regression model, Model 1: Let's consider the logistic regression...
Model 1: Let's consider the logistic regression model, which we will refer to as Model 1, given by log(pi / [1-pi]) = 0.25 + 0.32*X1 + 0.70*X2 + 0.50*X3
Bartlett test, what are the statistics hypotheses for bartlett''s test for ...
what are the statistics hypotheses for bartlett''s test for exponential distribution?
Business valuation to determine the stock price of an entity, Definition of...
Definition of business valuation to determine the stock price of an entity. Business valuation is the value or price where a unit would be purchased at a given point in time. Usual
Index numbers, various types of index numbers constructed in india ????
various types of index numbers constructed in india ????
Measures of dispersion (variation), Measures of Dispersion (Variation) ...
Measures of Dispersion (Variation) A measure of dispersion is to measure the spread among values of observations in a data set. There are three commonly used measures of disper
Kripsy kreme, How did round trip transactions violatet the revenue recognit...
How did round trip transactions violatet the revenue recognition principle?
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.