Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting Discussions
Write discussion on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Biostatistics, when testing hypothesis is the level of significanc the type...
when testing hypothesis is the level of significanc the type error I?
Aggregate expenditure method, Problem Construct a consumer price index ...
Problem Construct a consumer price index for the information given by using (i) Aggregate expenditure method, (ii) Family budget method. Commodities
Balance of payments and mobility of labor & capital, Balance of Payments, M...
Balance of Payments, Mobility of Labor and Capital, Trade and Wages Balance of Payments 1. Will a country running a trade deficit import or export capital? Explain. 2.
Exploratory analysis of the data, The Home Improvement Company (HIC) operat...
The Home Improvement Company (HIC) operates five stores in a large regional area. The company wished to study the relationship between x, house value ($'000) and Y, yearly expendit
Capital grants, Capital grants Grants that are restricted for the acquisit...
Capital grants Grants that are restricted for the acquisition: structure: renewal of capital assets associated with an accurate program, Refer to GRANTS & OPERATING GRANTS
Quantitative research, The research should be Quantitative Research: A m...
The research should be Quantitative Research: A means for testing objective theories by examining the relationship among variables. These variables can be measured and analyzed
Define block grant, Define block grant A federal grant that consolidates, ...
Define block grant A federal grant that consolidates, for a wide reason or any type of purpose, funds previously awarded for a wide variety of activities.
Management accounting, 19. Welnor Industrial Gas Corporation supplies acety...
19. Welnor Industrial Gas Corporation supplies acetylene and other compressed gases to industry. Data regarding the store''s operations follow: • Sales are budgeted at $320,000 fo
calculate the chi-square statistic, The table below shows a breakdown of w...
The table below shows a breakdown of women between the ages of 20 to 64 who have had a Pap smear--it shows the number in each age group cross tabulated with the time of their last
Histogram and historigram, difference between histogram and historigram
difference between histogram and historigram
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.