Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting Discussions
Write discussion on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Computing observed probability values , For an alignment shown below derive...
For an alignment shown below derive log-odds score for the column 1 only by a) Computing observed probability values b) Expected probability values TAGCTT AAGCTC T
Explain hypothesis test, Oprah Winfrey endorsed Barack Obama in the Democra...
Oprah Winfrey endorsed Barack Obama in the Democratic presidential primary. Does Oprah's endorsement make a difference? If so, we would expect support for Obama to be higher among
International accounting standards committee, IASC: The IASC (Internationa...
IASC: The IASC (International Accounting Standards Committee is an international organization which was set up in 1973 was restructured to form IASB in 2001. It was an agreement b
Probability, Consider the two events A and B with P(A) = 0.4 and P(B) = 0.3...
Consider the two events A and B with P(A) = 0.4 and P(B) = 0.3. (a) If A and B are independent then compute the probability that Both A and B happen
Calculate the point price elasticity of demand, Bambridge Associates LLP ha...
Bambridge Associates LLP has hired you to analyze the demand in 30 regional markets for custom financial plans for high net worth individuals (Y). A statistical analysis of demand
Bi variate frequency distribution, solved example with data of bi variate f...
solved example with data of bi variate frequency distribution
Time series, discuss the nature and causes of the components of an economic...
discuss the nature and causes of the components of an economic time series?
Average, example of data
example of data
Cosumer behaviour, consumer behaviour in accounting
consumer behaviour in accounting
Determine the probability of coding region , Using 1 st order models shown...
Using 1 st order models shown in homework 2 solution determine the probability of coding region in frame two for DNA fragment AGTAGCTTCCAG. Use only parameters provided in the hom
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.