Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting Discussions
Write discussion on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Rehearsal methods, A teacher is interested in comparing the effects of 3 di...
A teacher is interested in comparing the effects of 3 different parts of rehearsal methods (Rote rehearsal, Imagery, and Story) on number of words recalled. Participants are random
accounting, Fenn Museum, a nongovernmental not-for-profit organization, ha...
Fenn Museum, a nongovernmental not-for-profit organization, had the following balances in its statement of functional expenses: Education $300,000 Fundraising 250,000 Management an
Truss, state the condition followed by dimple truss.
state the condition followed by dimple truss.
Factor reversal test, formula for factor reversal test
formula for factor reversal test
The data analysis process and statistical techniques, I need to conduct an...
I need to conduct an analysis' on an alcohol and substance abuse study. the data set is too large to upload . The data set is the SPSS version that I need to work from. Here is the
Stability Criterion, Stability Criterion A survey of periodic table caref...
Stability Criterion A survey of periodic table carefully reveals that those elements in which N / Z = 1 or 1.6 are stable. Amongst these, the elements having even N and even Z ar
Normal distribution probabllity, The annual precipitation amounts in a cert...
The annual precipitation amounts in a certain mountain range are normally distributed with a mean of 89 inches, and a standard deviation of 16 inches. What is the probability that
Find out value of the probability, Q1 Choose the option that is closest to...
Q1 Choose the option that is closest to the exact value of the probability P (30 ≤ X Q2 Choose the option that is closest to the approximate value of the probability P
How Allotment is useful, How Allotment is useful An agency''s plan of appro...
How Allotment is useful An agency''s plan of approximated expenses, income, money payments, and money invoices for monthly of the biennium.
Accounting for partnerships and limited liability companies, Tim Snyder and...
Tim Snyder and Jay Wise have decided to form a partnership. They have agreed that Snyder is to invest 30000 and Wise is to invest 40000. Snyder is to devote full time to the busi
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.