Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting Discussions
Write discussion on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Calorimetry, How do I calculate the temperature change of a sample?
How do I calculate the temperature change of a sample?
Post-retirement health insurance, Post-retirement health insurance Some...
Post-retirement health insurance Some companies continue to provide insurance policy to workers after they have on. This one person benefit is considered to be part of the sett
Cost accounting, company foh
International accounting standards board-iasb, IASB -International Accounti...
IASB -International Accounting Standards Board : IASB is an independent body based in London, which is responsible for setting accounting standards. IASB started operations in the
The number of degrees of freedom, Use the given information to find the num...
Use the given information to find the number of degrees of? freedom, the critical values chi Subscript Upper L Superscript 2?2L and chi Subscript Upper R Superscript 2?2R?, and the
Find karl pearson''s correlation coefficient, Find Karl Pearson's correlati...
Find Karl Pearson's correlation coefficient between the sales and expenses from the data given below:
Bonds payable, Bonds payable The face worth of bonds issued and honorary. ...
Bonds payable The face worth of bonds issued and honorary. In the case of zero-coupon bonds, however, and the only and the accreted value of the tie is reported as bonds owed on t
Accounting concepts, suggestions to improve accounting concepts
suggestions to improve accounting concepts
Cosumer behaviour, consumer behaviour in accounting
consumer behaviour in accounting
Treatment of cst and vat, Treatment of CST and VAT in Sales Book A suppl...
Treatment of CST and VAT in Sales Book A supplier who expenses the CST for inter declares purchase by him, is responsible to first deposit the gathered CST from bought to Got Co
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.