Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting Discussions
Write discussion on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Managerial, Manchester Custom Fabricating Company uses a job order system. ...
Manchester Custom Fabricating Company uses a job order system. At the beginning of May, Manchester had two jobs in process, Job #22 (DM = $600 and DL = $780), and Job #23 (DM = $75
Differences between a cash book and bank passbook, State the main reason be...
State the main reason because of which the differences between a Cash Book and Bank Passbook. Ans. The difference can be stated as follows a) Sometime cheque issued to party on t
Are depreciation, Are depreciation, depletion and amortization similar? ...
Are depreciation, depletion and amortization similar? In accounting the terms depreciation, depletion and amortization often involve the movement of costs from the balance s
Define payroll withholdings, Define Payroll Withholdings The U. S. earn...
Define Payroll Withholdings The U. S. earnings tax system-as well as most condition earnings tax systems-requires business employers to hold paycheck taxation from their staff'
F2 test distributed populations, What is F2 Test, These tests were based o...
What is F2 Test, These tests were based on the assumption that the samples were drawn from normally distributed populations, or more accurately that the sample means were normally
Data statistics in decision making, I need help with mystatlab assignment, ...
I need help with mystatlab assignment, can anyone assist me?
Statistical inference is that branch of statistics, Statistical inference i...
Statistical inference is that branch of statistics Statistical inference is that branch of statistics which is concerned with using probability concept to deal with uncertainty
Find the invariant probability, Problem 1 . Let X 0 ;X 1 ;X 2 . . . be a Ma...
Problem 1 . Let X 0 ;X 1 ;X 2 . . . be a Markov chain with state space f1; 2g and transition probabilities given as follows: p 11 = 0:3; p 12 = 0:7; p 21 = 0:5; p 22 = 0:5:
Frequency distributions and graphs, What methods did you consider when putt...
What methods did you consider when putting the data into a more useable format
Managing ashaland multicomm service, please give me, example answer managin...
please give me, example answer managing ashland multicomm servicess. tq
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.