Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting Discussions
Write discussion on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Business tax, Maria runs a small business out of her home. She has expense...
Maria runs a small business out of her home. She has expenses of $2,000 per year and uses the cash basis method of accounting. Her only employee is her cousin who works for her pa
Covariance , how can write co variance using summation notation
how can write co variance using summation notation
SAS, do this
Discuss single control chart , Question 1 A courier company conducted ...
Question 1 A courier company conducted a brainstorming session amongst drivers to ascertain the reasons why it was unable to deliver items to households, always right first ti
Definition of brokerage based question, Definition of brokerage is termed a...
Definition of brokerage is termed as a fee paid to a broker for services. BROKERAGE is a fee which is paid to the broker for his/her services to act as an intermediary between the
Employer''s fica tax rate for 2012, Employer's FICA tax rate for 2012 Th...
Employer's FICA tax rate for 2012 The employer's FICA tax amount for 2012 involves 1) the Public Protection tax amount of 6.2% of each individual's first $110,100 of income, inc
Using a venn diagram evaluate the probability, Question: (a) 100 indiv...
Question: (a) 100 individuals applied for systems analyst positions with a large firm during the past year. 40 of them had some prior work experience (W), and 30 had a profes
Regression, Sales from a leading motor dealership were monitored over the p...
Sales from a leading motor dealership were monitored over the past four years. The sales figures are presented in the accompanying table. Year Quarter 1 Quarter 2 Quarter 3 Quarter
Information science, Precis worked examples
Precis worked examples
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.