Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Acct 1100, comprehensive problem 1 chapter4
comprehensive problem 1 chapter4
Elaborate accounting procedures , All procedures that discover, recognize h...
All procedures that discover, recognize history, move, sustain, and review economical information to either generate economical statements or to provide inner control.
Central tendency, List down various measures of central tendency and explai...
List down various measures of central tendency and explain the difference between them?
Cost accounting , is direct costing variable, relevant or prime costing
is direct costing variable, relevant or prime costing
Identification of null and alternative hypotheses, A politician claims that...
A politician claims that the mean salary for managers in his state is more than national mean $82,000. The salaries (in dollars) for a random sample of 30 managers in the state ar
Capitalization policy, Capitalization policy The criteria used to decide w...
Capitalization policy The criteria used to decide which capital outlays should be reported as capital assets on the whole state are financial statements,
Median in discrete series, X
Homophone disambiguation-unigram-bigram model , The BBC hosts a homophone q...
The BBC hosts a homophone quiz on its website; your task for this lab is to develop an automatic method for completing the quiz, with the aim being to get as high a score as possib
Ogive, how to draw less than ogive
how to draw less than ogive
Detemine lambda , A. A computer rejuvenation facility receives systems fro...
A. A computer rejuvenation facility receives systems from the fleet at 24 systems/day (assume this is a Poisson process). It takes the triage function 30 minutes (assumed exponen
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.