Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting Discussions
Write discussion on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Anova 1 and 2 way, ANOVA 1 and 2 way, t and f-tests 1,2 or more means... st...
ANOVA 1 and 2 way, t and f-tests 1,2 or more means... standard deviations known/unknown. I have a project where I must use these tests, but I''m not clear on the when and how.
Index numbers, discuss the considerations to be borne in mind when construc...
discuss the considerations to be borne in mind when constructing index numbers
develop simulation model-compute average amount, Bob Smith recently comple...
Bob Smith recently completed his MBA and accepted a job with a computer company. To ensure that his retirement is comfortable, he intends to invest $3,000 of his salary into a tax
Example on cluster sampling, "A company of accountants has branches in fiv...
"A company of accountants has branches in five regions, Port Louis (PL), Curepipe (CPE), Beau Bassin (BB), Rose Hill (RH) and Quatre Bornes (QB). It employs the following number
Analyzing pre-collected data using spss, This is not a statistics course, b...
This is not a statistics course, but you need to conduct some analyses to help solidify your knowledge and understanding about statistical data analysis. Now you will use the ' pr
Managerial accounting homework, Your friend Jose is trying to decide whethe...
Your friend Jose is trying to decide whether to buy or lease his next vehicle. He has gathered information about each option but is not sure how to compare the alternatives. Purcha
Statistics Project, I will submit a file that explains what is supposed to ...
I will submit a file that explains what is supposed to be done in order to complete the project. And, another file will be submitted that has the blanks in it. I need the work to b
Define why equipment show up on a profit and loss statement, Define why Equ...
Define why Equipment show up on a profit and loss statement? The buy of devices that will be used in a business is not revealed on the revenue and reduction declaration. Howeve
Scale of measurement , which scale of measurement is used for Class size
which scale of measurement is used for Class size
Basic accounting, Give certain creative assignment for freshers of accounti...
Give certain creative assignment for freshers of accounting
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.