Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting Discussions
Write discussion on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Science, #question how to make an electron dot diagram
#question how to make an electron dot diagram
Measure of dispersion, What are the applications of measure of dispersion i...
What are the applications of measure of dispersion in civil engineering?
Employee portion of social security tax, Employee portion of Social Securit...
Employee portion of Social Security tax A key part of paycheck bookkeeping is the Public Protection tax (The Public Protection tax along with the Medical health insurance tax m
perform hypothesis test and find the minimum sample size, Questions ...
Questions In one hybridization experiment 8070 offspring seeds were obtained, and 23.54% of them had green flowers. The others had white flowers. Perform a hypothesis test
Ch 7 , .A study of long term phone calls made from general electricss corpo...
.A study of long term phone calls made from general electricss corporate headquarters in fairfeild, conneticuit, revealed the length of the calls, in minutes follows the normal pro
What do you mean by purchase return, What do you mean by Purchase Return? G...
What do you mean by Purchase Return? Give an example. Ans. Sometime the goods an organization orders are not up to the mark and they are not supposed to keep or accept so th
General linear regression model, find the variance of least square estimato...
find the variance of least square estimator beta hat for general linear regression model when k=2 in matrix form?
Calculate npv and irr of the project, PolyCorp is considering an investment...
PolyCorp is considering an investment in new plant of $3 million. The project will be financed with a loan of $2,000,000 which will be repaid over the next five years in equal ann
Managing Ashland, calculate the probabilities correct to 6 decimal places. ...
calculate the probabilities correct to 6 decimal places. Let pie = 0.02. a. P(X less than 3,
Calculate the mean absolute percentage error, Littlefield Laboratories is a...
Littlefield Laboratories is a state-of-the-art highly automated blood samples testing lab. The demand of blood sample testing for the previous 20 days (day 1 to day 20) are given i
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.