Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting Discussions
Write discussion on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Time quantization and amplitude quantization, A sine wave is sampled at int...
A sine wave is sampled at interval Tand quantixed using N=2bits precision over the range ±1. The sine wave has peroid τ, and T is chosed such that T = 1/8τ Plot one cycle of the
Analysis of variance, What are the assumptions of the technique?
What are the assumptions of the technique?
Hypotheses testing, Celia is a nurse in a geriatric ward. She noticed that...
Celia is a nurse in a geriatric ward. She noticed that older persons in her care are having problems sleeping at night. She decided to introduce non-pharmocologic ways of relaxat
Revenue recognition assigment, When selling books through insaltalments and...
When selling books through insaltalments and internet, what is an alternative selling method for better revenue recording?
Compute the maximum standard deviation, The specification for a plastic han...
The specification for a plastic handle calls for a length of 6.0 inches ± 0.5 inches (5.5 to 6.5 inches). The process is known to operate at a mean thickness of 6.1 inches. The mi
Financial management, accounts receivable is an asset
accounts receivable is an asset
Estimate the variables-statistically significant, The dataset also contains...
The dataset also contains a variable y , which is the dependent variable of interest, as well as x1 , x2 , x3 , x4 , x5 , and x6 , all explanatory variables that are potentially
Balance sheet test, told my friend I would help on a test, and now, think i...
told my friend I would help on a test, and now, think its beyond me LOL...want to save face, can you help me?
Cost accounting, what is the relationship of cost accounting to financial a...
what is the relationship of cost accounting to financial and management accounting?
Job cost sheet, Manchester Custom Fabricating Company uses a job order syst...
Manchester Custom Fabricating Company uses a job order system. At the beginning of May, Manchester had two jobs in process, Job #22 (DM = $600 and DL = $780), and Job #23 (DM = $75
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.