Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting Discussions
Write discussion on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Determine the cutoff score to indicate a score, What would be the cutoff sc...
What would be the cutoff score to indicate a score that is in the top 15% of the scores on a test with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15?
QUANTITATIVE METHODS, KINDLY ASSIST ME WITH THIS ASSIGNMENT AND FORWARD IT ...
KINDLY ASSIST ME WITH THIS ASSIGNMENT AND FORWARD IT TO ME BY 31 OCTOBER 2013.
Esk jewellery, You are working for the management of ESK Jewellery as a mar...
You are working for the management of ESK Jewellery as a marketing consultant. The main business of ESK Jewellery is the retailing of diamond jewellery. They opened their first sho
Evaluate the strategic value of the proposed organisation, 1) Working in yo...
1) Working in your groups analyse the organisation of information that the Facebook social networking site potentially uses. 2) Suggest the organisation of information and data
Stock control, Two components, A and B, are used as follows: normal usage -...
Two components, A and B, are used as follows: normal usage - 50 per week each minimum usage - 25 per week each maximum usage - 75 per week re-order quantity - A:300; B:500 re-order
Draw concerning the effectiveness of the medications, A testing organizatio...
A testing organization is evaluating the effectiveness of sinus relief tablets, Relief and SineOut. As part of the analysis the organization collects 44 sinus sufferers and random
Construct confidence interval for the true mean return, A researcher has ga...
A researcher has gathered data on the daily returns on a portfolio of call options over a recent 250-day period. The mean daily return has been 0.001 and the sample standard deviat
AMOUNT AVAILABLE IN DEBT SERVICE FUNDS , AMOUNT AVAILABLE IN DEBT SERVICE ...
AMOUNT AVAILABLE IN DEBT SERVICE FUNDS An "other debit" common journal value used in the General Long-Term Bills Additional Consideration that designates the quality of resources
Probability, jay can remember only the first 4 digits of his friends phone ...
jay can remember only the first 4 digits of his friends phone number. he also knows that the number has 7 digits and the last digit is not a zero. if jay were to dial all of the po
Scaling technique, write about scaling technique
write about scaling technique
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.