Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Basic Statistics
EXERCISE 3-12 Computing Predetermined Overhead Rates and Job Costs [LO1,LO2, LO3, LO7]
Kody Corporation uses a job-order costing system with a plantwide overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate.
2. During the year Job 500 was started and completed. The following information was available with respect to this job:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 500.
3. During the year the company worked a total of 147,000 machine-hours on all jobs and incurred actual manufacturing overhead costs of $1,325,000. What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead for the year? If this amount were closed out entirely to Cost of Goods Sold, would the journal entry increase or decrease net operating income?
EXERCISE 3-13 Applying Overhead; Cost of Goods Manufactured [LO2, LO6, LO7]
The following cost data relate to the manufacturing activities of Black Company during the just completed year:
The company uses a predetermined overhead rate to apply overhead cost to jobs. The rate for the year was $5 per machine-hour; a total of 10,000 machine-hours was recorded for the year. All raw materials ultimately become direct materials—none are classified as indirect materials.
1. Compute the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead cost for the year.
2. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
EXERCISE 3-15 Departmental Overhead Rates [LO1, LO2, LO3]
Diewold Company has two departments, Milling and Assembly. The company uses a job-order costing system and computes a predetermined overhead rate in each department. The Milling Department bases its rate on machine-hours, and the Assembly Department bases its rate on direct labor-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates:
1. Compute the predetermined overhead rate to be used in each department.
2. Assume that the overhead rates you computed in (1) above are in effect. The job cost sheet for Job 407, which was started and completed during the year, showed the following:
Compute the total manufacturing cost assigned to Job 407.
3. Would you expect substantially different amounts of overhead cost to be charged to some jobs if the company used a plantwide overhead rate based on direct labor-hours instead of using departmental rates? Explain. No computations are necessary.
Posted Date: 2/3/2012 6:12:25 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting Discussions
Write discussion on Ex. 3-12, 3-13 & 3-15, Accounting
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Management accounting, Defination,Advantages and Limitation, Proper Managem...
Defination,Advantages and Limitation, Proper Management of company,
Find the probability density function, The lifetime T (in days) of an elect...
The lifetime T (in days) of an electrical component has reliability function given by: R(t) = e - 0 : 01 t for time t > 0. An electrical system consists of four such component
Linearity, The weight in Kg for each person was matched to their intake of ...
The weight in Kg for each person was matched to their intake of fat per day in Grams. 9 people were selected with the following results. Weight (Xi) Fat (Yi) 45
Statistics Project, I will submit a file that explains what is supposed to ...
I will submit a file that explains what is supposed to be done in order to complete the project. And, another file will be submitted that has the blanks in it. I need the work to b
#title.regression., regression line drawn as y=c+1075x,when x was 2,and y w...
regression line drawn as y=c+1075x,when x was 2,and y was 239,given that y intercept was 11.calculate the residual
DIFFARENCE , Differentiate between Historigrams and Histogram
Differentiate between Historigrams and Histogram
Need homework answers by midnight tonight, first question: Glaser Services ...
first question: Glaser Services acquired 30% of the outstanding common stock of Nickels Company on January 1, 2008, by paying $864,180 for the 48,010 shares. Nickels declared and p
Collection method, what is the advantages of face-to-face interview?
what is the advantages of face-to-face interview?
Total stockholders equity, To determine the amount at which inventory shoul...
To determine the amount at which inventory should be reported on the December 31 Year 1 balance sheet, Monroe Company compiles the following information for its inventory of Produc
Large sample mean test, essay
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.