Disadvantages of Simulation
1) Although all models are simplification of reality, they may still be complex and require a substantial amount of managerial and technical time.
2) Practical simulation inevitably involves the use of computers which may be a handicap to firms without computer facilities or easy access to a computer.
3) Simulation don not produce optimal results. The manager makes the decision after testing a no. of alternative policies. There is always the possibility that the optimum policy is not chosen.
4) Simulation can be expensive in terms of design personnel, facilities e.g computers.
5) Each simulation model is unique and therefore cannot be generalized to other environments.