1. Describe the approach Zetar Plc uses to determine goodwill impairment losses. How does this approach differ from US GAAP?
2. Zetar Plc does not report any research and development (R&D) expense in its income statement. If it did, its approach to accounting for R&D expenditures would be significantly different from US GAAP. Describe the differences between IFRS and US GAAP in accounting for R&D expenditures.
3. According to the notes to the financial statements, what types of transactions do trade and other payables relate to?
4. What was the average amount of time it took the company to pay its payable during 2011?
5. What do the provisions relate to?
6. What are the estimates based on?
7. What could cause those estimates to change in subsequent periods?