DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MEDULLATED AND NON-MEDULLATED NERVE FIBRES
Medullated (Myelinated) Nerve Fibres
Medullary sheath is present.
Non-medullated (Nonmyelinated) Nerve Fibres
1. Medullary sheath is absent.
They appear white in flesh state.
2. They appear grey in flesh state.
Nodes of Ranvier are present at intervals.
3. Nodes of Ranvier are absent.
Collateral nerve fibres are present.
4. Collateral nerve fibres are absent.
They are generally present in the white matter of brain
5. They are present in autonomic nerves.
and spinal cord and in cranial and spinal nerves.
They carry impulses faster than non-
6. They carry impulses slower than medullated
medullated nerve fibres.