The ASP.NET new feature supports are shown below :-
Better Language Support
1) The New ADO.NET Concepts have been implemented.
2) The ASP.NET supports complete language (C#, VB.NET, C++) and not simple scripting such as VBSCRIPT.
Better controls than ASP
1)The ASP.NET covers large set's of HTML controls.
2)Better Display grid such as Repeater ,Datagrid and datalist.Most of the display grids have paging support.
Controls have events support
1)All the ASP.NET controls support events.
2)The Click ,Load, and Change events handled by code makes coding much simpler & much better organized.
The very first request for an ASP.NET page on the server will compile the ASP.NET code & keep a cached copy in the memory. This result is greatly increased performance.
Better Authentication Support
The ASP.NET supports forms-based user authentication, including the cookie management & automatic redirecting of the unauthorized logins.
User Accounts and Roles
The ASP.NET allows the user accounts and roles, to give each user (with a given role) access to various server code and executables.
1) Much has been completed with the ASP.NET to provide greater scalability.
2) The Server to server communication has been greatly enhanced, making it possible to scale an application over various servers. One of the example of this is the ability to run XML parsers, XSL transformations and even resource hungry session objects on other servers.
1) The Configuration of the ASP.NET is done with plain text files.
2) The Configuration files can be uploaded or changed while the application is running. There is no need to restart the server. No more metabase or registry puzzle.
No more server restart to deploy/ replace compiled code. The ASP.NET simply redirects all the new requests to the new code.