1) Jodie received a $2000 college entrance scholarship. Nine month later Brian was awarded a $2100 academic proficiency scholarship for his outstanding grades in the first year of studies. Which scholarship had the greater economic value of money can earn 8.25% simple interest?
2) Maurice borrowed $6000 from Heidi on April 23 and greed to make payment of $2000 on June 1, $2000 on August 1, and to pay the balance on October 1. If simple interest at the rate of 10% simple interest was charged on the loan, what is the amount of the third payment?
3) Sharon's $9000 term deposit matured on March 16, 2000. Based on simple interest rat of 7.5%, she received 221.92 in interest on what date did she originally make the term deposit?
4) Suppose an item that originally had a 40% rate of markup is marked down 40%. Is its reduced selling price equal to the cost?
5) As a fundraiser, a local charity sold raffle ticket on a trip to Disney World for $2 each or three for $5. In all, 3884 tickets were sold for a total of $6925. How manypeople bought tickets at the 3 for $5 discount?
6) During the last 3 months, Mako Distributing made 25% of its sales in Region A, 35% in Region B, and 40% in Region C. What is the ratio of the sales in Region A to the sales in Region B to the sales in Region C?