A sample of college students and a separate sample of adults aged 30-59 were surveyed regarding the amount of fruit they eat each day. The results are shown in the histograms below with students on the left and adults on the right.
1. What is the shape of this distribution for the students? symmetrical
2. What is the sample size for the adults?
3. What is the relative frequency for the adults who eat 1 serving of fruit?
4. How tall is the 5th bar (be careful) in the adult histogram? What does that tell you about the situation?
5. Without doing any calculations, would you say the adults or the students eat more fruit on average? Use the histograms to give a reason for your answer.
6. Give the mean amount of fruit consumed by the students. Make sure to include the proper symbol. Also show or tell how you calculated the mean.