Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Describe FCFS Scheduling algorithm ?, Basic Computer Science
FCFS algorithm also known as:
• First-In-First-Out (FIFO)
• Possibly, First-Come-First-Served algorithm is the easiest scheduling algorithm is the simplest scheduling algorithm. Processes are transmitted according to their advent time on the ready queue. Being a nonpreemptive discipline, one time a process has a CPU, it runs to end. The FCFS scheduling is fair in the proper sense or human sense of fairness but it is unfair in the sense that extended jobs make short jobs wait and insignificant jobs make important jobs wait.
• FCFS is more expected than most of other schemes since it offers time. FCFS scheme is not helpful in scheduling interactive users because it cannot guarantee good response time. The code for FCFS scheduling is easy to write and understand. One of the major drawbacks of this scheme is that the standard time is often quite long.
• The First-Come-First-Served algorithm is hardly ever used as a master scheme in modern operating systems but it is frequently embedded inside other schemes
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 8:07:59 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Describe FCFS Scheduling algorithm ?, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Describe FCFS Scheduling algorithm ?, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Describe FCFS Scheduling algorithm ? Discussions
Write discussion on Describe FCFS Scheduling algorithm ?
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Execute a command in operating system, Execute a command in operating syste...
Execute a command in operating system: In order to execute a command OS does the following steps: It accepts a command from a user through mouse clicks or from t
CAI, what is CAI? explain its pitfalls.
what is CAI? explain its pitfalls.
Binary, Ask quwhat is binary estion #Minimum 100 words accepted#
Ask quwhat is binary estion #Minimum 100 words accepted#
What is a tool bar?, Question 1 Write short notes on ...
Question 1 Write short notes on (a) Office Automatics System (b) Transaction Processing System Question 2 What is a too
Where data could be hidden, QUESTION (a) Being just employed as junior ...
QUESTION (a) Being just employed as junior forensic examiner at SAI computer forensic Ltd, your supervisor told you, ‘hey Moona Tambi, we have received a hard disk for examinat
What is evaluating information system investments, 1. What is Evaluating In...
1. What is Evaluating Information System Investments? 2. Is IS evaluation different to evaluation of other investments? 3. What approaches are used to evaluate IS investments
Explain with diagram the internal components of alu, Problem 1. Explain...
Problem 1. Explain with diagram the internal components of ALU. Diagram Explaining Internal components 2. What is addressing mode? Explain any five addressing mo
Computer science, Explain Canonical cover and Extraneous Attributes with ex...
Explain Canonical cover and Extraneous Attributes with examples.
Write a program to solve a maze 10x10, write a program to solve a 10x10 maz...
write a program to solve a 10x10 maze. prompt the user for an input text file containing ten rows(ten characters on each row). Use following characters in the input file: * startin
Explain how cpu responses to an interrupts, Problem 1. Explain the diff...
Problem 1. Explain the different categories of instructions. Explanation of 4 categories 2. Explain the steps to be followed for the addition of floating point numb
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.