1. Define potential and kinetic energy.
2. State the first and second laws of thermodynamics.
3. Explain how organisms tend to defy the second law of thermodynamics by remaining in an ordered state.
4. Describe the concept of "free energy."
5. Define endergonic and exergonic reactions.
6. Explain how enzymes work as biological catalysts.
7. List the characteristics of enzymes that allow them to function effectively.
8. Describe the molecular structure of ATP.
9. Explain how ATP "energizes" a reaction.
10. Distinguish between aerobic and anaerobic metabolism.
11. List the stages of cellular respiration and generally describe what happens in each stage.
12. Explain how ATP may be generated without oxygen.
13. Explain how lipids are metabolized.
14. Explain how proteins are metabolized.
15. Describe the feedback inhibition method.