The database application project (DAP) for this assignment consists of the creation of a fully functional Microsoft Access database application for a real client. I recommend you select a potential client organization with which you have some familiarity, e.g. a bowling league, a small business, or a club. The application should not be complex. The final Access database application prototype must meet the following minimum criteria:
1. A minimum of 5 tables, including intersection tables where necessary;
2. Tables must have enough data (minimum of 8 records each) to fully demonstrate the functionalities of your database application (You may need to add some records to the baseline template);
3. At least four table relationships, all of which must have referential integrity enforced.
1. At least five queries (total) appropriate to the database requirements;
2. Of these five, at least one query must prompt the user for input (i.e., parameter query) and use the input in the criteria for the query;
3. Of these five, at least one query must use an aggregate function to calculate a summary statistic for an appropriate field in a table.
4. Of these five, at least one query must retrieve data from multiple tables.
1. All the necessary forms for inputting and displaying the data in your database as required by your client. One form per table for data entry
2. At least one form displaying data from a minimum of two tables. Reports:
1. At least four reports (total) for data output;
2. Of these four, at least two reports should be based on a multiple-table query.
3. At least one report should display grouped data.
1. Provide a user interface to access the features of the prototype. See User Interface handouts.
Milestone 1: Write a memo to me describing your client, an initial analysis of the organization's problem, and what business process will be automated.
List of Interview questions
Draft of Requirements Analysis section
Draft of Database Design section
Draft of Implementation, Conclusions, and Lessons Learned sections
Final Database Application Project Report and Database