Current Contents (CC) includes content pages of important journals in different fields to provide a quick current awareness service. CC is a weekly service to ensure that information reaches quickly and easily to readers. It is published by Institute for Scientific Information (ISI), Philadelphia, USA covering combination of related disciplines in six separate subject areas.
1) Current Contents with Abstracts: Agriculture, Biology and Environmental Sciences, 1970- (Formerly CC: Agricultural, Food and Veterinary Sciences). It covers the contents pages of approximately 975 important journals in these subjects.
2) Current Contents with Abstracts: Clinical Medicine, 1973- (Formerly CC: Clinical Practice). It includes the table of contents from 1,000 of the leading clinical journals.
3) Current Contents with Abstracts: Engineering, Computing and Technology (Formerly CC: Engineering & Technology and Applied Sciences). It contains the table of contents from approximately 1,030 of the world's leading journals in a broad range of disciplines
4) Current Contents with Abstracts : Life Sciences, 1958- (Formerly CC: Chemical Pharmaco-medical & lifeSciences). It provides contents pages of 1,370 of the world's important journals in Life Sciences.
5) Current Contents with Abstracts: Physical/Chemical and Earth Sciences, 1961- (Formerly CC: Physical and. Chemical,. Sciences formed by combining CC: Physical Sciences and CC: Chemical Sciences). It includes the table of contents from 925 important periodicals of the world in these subjects.
6) Current Contents with Abstracts: Social and Behavioral Sciences, 1969- (Formerly CC: Behavioral, Social and Educational Sciences). It includes the table of contents from approximately 1,570 of the world's leading journals in a broad range of disciplines.
7) Current Contents (CC) and Current Contents with Abstracts (CCA) of all subjects are available in a varied range of physical formats. CCs are published every week in paper format and diskettes. CCAs are available in diskette's as well as CD-Roms.
Each issue of CCs and CCAs has a table of contents. The table of contents of various journals in a discipline are organised, rearranged and reproduced in an easy to scan format. Each issue has `Title Word Index' to locate articles on a given topic. `Author Index' and directory of addresses of authors help the readers to contact the authors for reprints. Journal index in print medium facilitates the reader to locate every issue of a journal "published in CCs during last four months.