COST PROFIT VOLUME ANALYSIS
Cost profit volume (CVP) analysis is an essential tool for profit planning. It can be explained as - ' a managerial tool showing the relationship among various ingredients of profit planning, that is, cost (fixed and variable), volume and selling price of activity. It presents information regarding-
1. Quantity of production and sales for a target profit level
2. Behavior in relation to volume
3. Amount of profit for a projected sales volume
4. Sensitivity of profits due to variation in output
5. Volume of production or sales, where the business will break even.