1. Discuss how constitution and charters both define and limit government authority.
2. How do judicial steps of statutory interpretation affect administrative practice?
3. Public administration emphasizes implementing and evaluating policies. Discuss how policy implementation relates to the law and statues that the legislators enact.
1. Discuss how the rules for public information and open meetings address the concerns of efficient government compared to transparent government.
2. Discuss how tort law includes consideration of duty, fault and other moral concepts. Are these appropriate concepts for substantive law?
3. What were the historic reasons for sovereign immunity? What are current policy considerations for providing immunity to government or to limit the liability of government for torts?