Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Cmis 102, computer programming, Programming Languages
In this assignment, you will design a program to perform the following task:
Calculate the total price to purchase all the components required to build a state-of-the-art gaming computer from components available on the internet.
Before attempting this exercise, be sure you have completed all of chapter 3 and course module readings, participated in the weekly conferences, and thoroughly understand the examples throughout the chapter. As before, there are 3 main components of your submission including the problem analysis, program design and documentation, and sample test data.
1. Using a similar approach as example 3.6 (textbook page 146): “A new Car Price Calculator”, provide your analysis for the following problem statement: You need to write a program that will calculate the total price to purchase all the components required to build a state-of-the-art gaming computer from newegg.com. You will need to conduct some analysis on newegg.com (or amazon.com) regarding the possible options and prices to be considered. However; assume the computer will consist of the following components:
I would recommend you keep the option choices limited to 3 different components, or your program will really grow fast. For example, you could provide options for the Operating System (Windows 7, Red Hat Linux), the RAM (4 MB, 8 MB, 12 MB) and the Hard Drive Size (500 GB, 1 TB, 1.5 TB) and leave everything else as a baseline. I leave it up to you to determine which components you want to add options for and for researching the approximate prices. Be sure your prices are fairly realistic.
Your analysis should be clearly written and demonstrate your thought process and steps used to analyze the problem. Be sure to include what is the required output? What is the necessary input and how you will obtain the required output from the given input? Also, include your variable names and definitions. Be sure to describe the necessary formulas and sample calculations that might be needed.
2. Using a similar approach as example 3.6 (textbook page 146): “A new Car Price Calculator”, provide your program design for the program you analyzed for calculating the total price of your gaming computer. Be sure to describe the fundamental tasks (i.e., things your program must do) needed to solve the problem so you can use a modular design. Provide pseudocode of your overall design that includes the Main module and the order of the module calls (see page 148 for an example) and a Hierarchy chart for the computer price calculator (see figure 3.8 page 148). Finally, list all of your pseudocode for each module. (See pages148-150 as an example.)
Include header and step comments in your pseudocode, using a similar approach as the example provided in section 2.3 (textbook page 86). See example 2.8 on pages 87-88).
3. Prepare at least 5 sets of input data (Test data) along with their expected output for testing your program. Your test data can be presented in the form of a table as was shown in Assignment 1. Be sure that you provide expected output for each test case.
Posted Date: 2/14/2012 9:09:34 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Cmis 102, computer programming, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Cmis 102, computer programming, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Cmis 102, computer programming Discussions
Write discussion on Cmis 102, computer programming
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Algorithm to compute a minimum cover time and space, Given strings s 1 and...
Given strings s 1 and s 2 of lengths m and n respectively, a minimum cover of s 1 by s 2 is a decomposition s1 = w 1 w 2 .... wk, where each w i is a non-empty substring of s
Program for read minimum three command line arguments, 1. Write a program t...
1. Write a program that reads a minimum of three command line arguments and displays the program's results. a. Command Line arguments: i. The first argument will be the program
Describe the hypermedia and hypertext, Question: (a) How does HTML all...
Question: (a) How does HTML allow you to: (i) turn an image into a clickable hyperlink? Include code to switch off the default border (ii) convert the above hyperlink i
Program for adding a course in the website of a university, 1. You are work...
1. You are working as a designer for a university that offers a program in Computer Science. One of the tracts is computer security. One of your colleagues has recommended adding a
Program compares interest rates, 'This program compares interest rates betw...
'This program compares interest rates between two banks and determines the best bank 'Eric Weber, Adam Litchfield, Eric Romero, Sarah, Alex, Amy '10/5/12 'Lab #4 Problem 42 'CSC
Programming logic???, write c++ source code to find the number of digits i...
write c++ source code to find the number of digits in a given integer? pls ans
Python , Python Programming hmw help!! Write a program that ask the user to...
Python Programming hmw help!! Write a program that ask the user to input the followings: number of shares, stock price, and broker commission. Last month jim purchased some stock
Write a script for explicitly display of values, Write a script called 'pro...
Write a script called 'prob1.m' that solves for the variables y, and z in terms of a user inputed x. The variables y and z are defined as follows: y = x - 30 when
I have a problem which seems to be quite a rare one and I can safely say I know what exactly what is causing it. After some process of elimination I reached the conclusion that, in
Difference between java and j2ee programming, Difference between java and j...
Difference between java and j2ee programming In the basic form, the phrase java is placed as a selection terminology. On the other hand, the phrase J2EE is placed as a renderin
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.