Characteristics of JIT Management
JIT management has high degree of several Japanese cultural aspects in its development. The characteristics of JIT management can be stated as:
1. JIT management allows an organization to meet consumer demand ( internal and external) regardless of the level of demand. This is made possible through the use of a pull system of production.
2. JIT allows a reduction in raw materials work in process and finished goods inventories. This frees up a greater amount of space and time between operations within plants.
3. The JIT production technique uses containers for holding parts. This allows easy identification and monitoring of inventory levels.
4. The degree of time lapsed between material s rivals process and assembly of the finial production consumers is minimized.
5. An element of JIT production requires that the plant be clean i ,e, there should be no wastes present which may hinder production.
6. JIT production involves the use of visible singles to display the sat us of machinery.