Changing role of the HR management:
1. New organizational forms (teams, boundary less organizations) have come in place of pyramid shaped units.
2. Employees are being empowered to make more and more decision. Employees are at the top now. They are equipped to take prompt decisions in line with the customer's needs.
3. Corporate lawyers have vanished overnight. Organizations have demolished the hierarchical levels with a view to facilitate quick communications and decisions.
4. The bases of the power have changed. Position, title, authority are no longer adequate to get the jobs done. Instead managers have to tap sources of good ideas, strike collaborates to implement those ideas and get results.
5. The new manager, as pointed out by the P F Drucker, should increasingly think himself as a sponsor, team leader and internal consultant instead of viewing his position and power as unchallenged, unique and super normal.
6. According to General Electrician's Jack Welch, managers today must work toward building commitment among employees. "The only way I see to get more productivity is by getting people involved and excited about their jobs".