Causes for Failure of ERP Implementations:The followings list provides tips for avoiding many common causes for failed WRP implementations:1. Assign a full time executive to manage the project.
2. Appoint an experienced independent resource to provide project oversight and to verify and processes.
3. Allow sufficient time for transition from the old way of doing things to the new system and new processes.
4. Plan to spend a lot of time and money training people .
5. Define metrics to assess project progress and to identify project related risks.
6. Keep the scope of the project well defined and contained to essential business processes.
7. Be wary of modifying the ERP software to conform to your firm business practices.