1. A self excited shunt generator supplies a load of 12.5 kw at 125 volts. The field resistance is 25 ohms and the armature resistance is 0.2 ohms. The total voltage drop because of brush current and armature reaction at this load is 3 volts. Calculate the induced armature voltage.
2. A 6 pole lap-wound armature having 720 conductors, rotates in a field of 20.35 mWb. (a) If the induced current is 72 A, what is the torque developed by armature? (b) If the induced armature voltage is 410V, what is the motor speed?
3. A shunt motor runs at 1100 rpm at 230v and draws a line current of 40 A. The output power(at the shaft) is 10.8 h.p. The various losses are core loss, 200W: friction and windage loss 140W: electrical loss due to brush contact, 32W: stray load loss, 31W. The armature and field-current resistance are 0.2 ohms and 220 ohms respectively. Calculate (a) motor efficiency, (b) the speed if the output power is reduced by 50%.
4. A 4 pole motor is lap wound with 728 conductors and has a flux of 25 mWb per pole. The armature takes 50 A in current: the resultant demagnetizing effect due to armature reaction reduces the air gap flux by 5%. Calculate the developed torque.
5. One of three fuses protecting a 3-phase electric heater rated at 200kW, 600 V is removed so as to reduce the heat produced by the boiler. What power does the heater develop under these conditions?