Business Process Analysis
1. Comprehensive business process analysis with suggested improvements. Must include projected quantitative results. Report must include use of analytical tools (i.e., diagrams, flowcharts, value stream, etc...)
2. The company completed the purchase of a new water irrigation valve manufacturer. The water irrigation valve manufacturing process has a fixed cost of $150,000 per month. Each unit of product being produced contains $25 worth of material and takes $45 of labor.
How many water irrigation valve units would LA. Landscape need to sell in order to break even if each completed unit has a value of $90?
3. Louisiana Landscape engineered a new innovative water irrigation sprinkler. The sprinkler will be built using the same manufacturing platform as the water irrigation valve. The company just completed a pilot run of 10 sprinkler units and found the processing time for each unit was as follows:
UNIT NUMBER TIME (HOURS)
According to the pilot run, advise the company what you estimate the learning curve to be? Based on the learning curve, how much time would it take for the next 10 units, assuming no loss of learning?
4. Louisiana Landscape buys fresh flowers each day from a local nursery. The flowers come in a pot with a cost to the company of $8.00. The company sells the flower pots for $20.00 each. Any flowers that don't sell from the previous day are used for composting. The day old flowers used for composting have a value of $3.00 each. The historical daily demand for the flower pots is 500 pots with a standard deviation of 68. The company is struggling with forecasting. Please advise Louisiana Landscape on the proper number of flowers to order that will maximize revenue.
5. Given the data you have collected, provide some ideas regarding supply chain design that may be considered by Louisiana Landscape's management team.
6. Given the data below, use regression analysis to forecast the company's sales for 2012 & 2013.