To enable students to undertake the development of a business plan for a specific product/business/service given in this outline. By engaging themselves in this project, they would learn and apply the criteria required for such project. This assignment assesses the following learning outcomes:
1. understand the needs and reasons for a business plan (LO1);
2. investigate the different types of business plan for the varying business intention (LO2);
3. comprehend the context and gain knowledge of the content of a typical business plan(LO3, 4);
4. demonstrate the ability to critically analyse the business problems (LO5);
5. link business Vision to Action through developing a comprehensive understanding of key customers and providing business solutions to match their individual needs and expectations(LO6); and
6. develop a business plan that is challenging, realistic and achievable by incorporating detailed actions and requirement of a business entity (LO7).
This is a written work to be taken by individual students. It is an on-going project that begins from the early part of the semester and to be completed at the end of the semester. Students are required to be actively engage in research and to produce their work on a regular basis.
Their work will be closely monitored by the lecturer.
As a student, you are required to develop a Business Development Plan using the format given below to be presented to one of the following (Which your letter of intent is written for).
- Major shareholders,