Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
1. (a) Which physicochemical properties need to be regulated by the cell? Define chemical equilibrium and discuss how it is maintained by the cell.
(b) Differentiate between facilitated diffusion and simple diffusion. Explain both the processes in detail.
2. Your friend has just returned from a deep sea mission and claims to have found a new single-celled life form. He believes this new life form may not have descended from the common ancestor that all types of life on Earth share. However, he’s never taken Cell Biology, so he asks you determine whether his claim is true. In order to verify or dispute your friend’s claim, you realize that you must first make a list of characteristics common to all prokaryotes and eukaryotes, so that you can check whether this new life form is different in some fundamental characteristic from all other types of life on Earth. So you generate a list of traits shared by all prokaryotes and eukaryotes. What would you place on that list?
3. Which organelles are known as “power house of the cell” and “protein factories of the cell”? Elaborate your answer.
4. (a) What is meant by the cells being in G0 phase of the cell cycle.
(b) Why is mitosis called equational division
5. Do you think meiotic division is equivalent to mitosis? Why or why not? Draw a diagram showing all the stages of meiosis.
Posted Date: 9/1/2012 7:20:03 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
bty100, Assignment Help, Ask Question on bty100, Get Answer, Expert's Help, bty100 Discussions
Write discussion on bty100
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Describe the various steps involved in glycolysis, Question 1 Give a detai...
Question 1 Give a detailed account on "high energy compounds" Question 2 Describe the various steps involved in Glycolysis Question 3 Give a detailed account on Oxidativ
Explain post myocardial infarction surgery indications , Explain Post Myoca...
Explain Post Myocardial Infarction Surgery Indications ? Indications for Surgery : Presence of ventricular septal rupture is an indication for surgery. Timing of surgery is
Respiratory care on admission of patient, Respiratory Care on Admission (Fi...
Respiratory Care on Admission (First two hours) Patient is incubated and ventilator-dependent. Monitor blood gases hourly and take corrective action immediately.
Long-chain fatty acids, Fatty acid breakdown brings about the oxidation of ...
Fatty acid breakdown brings about the oxidation of long-chain fatty acids. The fatty acids are first transformed to their acyl CoA (coenzyme A) derivatives and then degraded by the
Theory of germplasm - pre-mendelian theory, Theory of Germplasm (i) ...
Theory of Germplasm (i) 'August Weismann' (1889) suggested the theory of continuity of germplasm. (ii) He referred to the reproductive cells as germplasm and
Phases of karyokinesis, Phases of Karyokinesis: Karyokinesis can furth...
Phases of Karyokinesis: Karyokinesis can further be divided into prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase. 1-Prophase: (pro= before) Chromatin: During Interphase (non
Factors controlling stomatal aperture, Factors Controlling Stomatal Apertur...
Factors Controlling Stomatal Aperture 'Khul Ja Sim Sim' the two rocks slide and the gates to a great treasure open. With these magic words "Ali Baba and Chalis Chor" could ope
Explain the digestibility coefficient - proteins, Explain the Digestibility...
Explain the Digestibility Coefficient? You have earlier learnt that dietary proteins are hydrolyzed to amino acids during digestion. The digestion begins in the stomach by the
Cells are miniature chemical factory, Cells is a Miniature Chemical Factory...
Cells is a Miniature Chemical Factory Due to its incessant metabolic processes, a living cell earns the attribute of a miniature chemical factory metabolites and free
Amoebae- parasitic protozoan, Amoebae- Parasitic Protozoan The amoebae...
Amoebae- Parasitic Protozoan The amoebae of the genus Entamoeba vary in their biology. Entamoeba histolytica or the dysentery amoeba occurs as a parasite in the large intestin
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.