Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
1. (a) Which physicochemical properties need to be regulated by the cell? Define chemical equilibrium and discuss how it is maintained by the cell.
(b) Differentiate between facilitated diffusion and simple diffusion. Explain both the processes in detail.
2. Your friend has just returned from a deep sea mission and claims to have found a new single-celled life form. He believes this new life form may not have descended from the common ancestor that all types of life on Earth share. However, he’s never taken Cell Biology, so he asks you determine whether his claim is true. In order to verify or dispute your friend’s claim, you realize that you must first make a list of characteristics common to all prokaryotes and eukaryotes, so that you can check whether this new life form is different in some fundamental characteristic from all other types of life on Earth. So you generate a list of traits shared by all prokaryotes and eukaryotes. What would you place on that list?
3. Which organelles are known as “power house of the cell” and “protein factories of the cell”? Elaborate your answer.
4. (a) What is meant by the cells being in G0 phase of the cell cycle.
(b) Why is mitosis called equational division
5. Do you think meiotic division is equivalent to mitosis? Why or why not? Draw a diagram showing all the stages of meiosis.
Posted Date: 9/1/2012 7:20:03 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
bty100, Assignment Help, Ask Question on bty100, Get Answer, Expert's Help, bty100 Discussions
Write discussion on bty100
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Realization of p-d polarity of limb, Realization of P-D Polarity of Limb ...
Realization of P-D Polarity of Limb Realization of P-D polarity of limb expressed in a specified proximo-distal sequence of differentiation of limb pans is controlled through
Define changes in gluten proteins during dough formation, Define Changes in...
Define Changes in Gluten Proteins during Dough Formation? Initially, gluten is formed when flour and water are mixed together. The proteins in the flour, glutenin and gliadin c
Treatment and disposal technologies for health-care waste, Q. Treatment and...
Q. Treatment and disposal technologies for health-care waste 1. Incineration 2. Chemical disinfection 3. Wet and dry thermal treatment 4. Microwave irradiation 5. L
Congenital heart diseases, Congenital Heart Diseases Congenital heart...
Congenital Heart Diseases Congenital heart diseases are classified in many ways. One set of classification is cyanotic and acynotic conditions. Morphological classification
Biotechnology, #Is GMO food good as the prospective of the ethic values of ...
#Is GMO food good as the prospective of the ethic values of the society?..
State the designations for horizons, State the Designations for Horizons ...
State the Designations for Horizons Of the several horizons, the master horizons are the results of the fundamental soil forming processes, viz. humification, eluviation and
What is primary structure of a protein, Q. What is primary structure of a p...
Q. What is primary structure of a protein? What is the significance of the primary structure? The primary protein structure is the linear sequence of amino acids that outline t
Define casein - tests for presence of exoenzymatic activity, Define Casein ...
Define Casein - Tests for Presence of Exoenzymatic Activity? Casein is a major milk protein composed of various amino acids linked through peptide bonds. Extra-cellular enzyme
Explain carboxymethyl cellulose, Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC) CMC is a...
Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC) CMC is a linear, long-chain, water-soluble, anionic modified polysaccharide. It is a derivative of cellulose formed by its reaction with alkali an
What is cloning, What is cloning? The Cloning is the making of an organ...
What is cloning? The Cloning is the making of an organism genetically identical to another by means of genetic engineering. The foundation of cloning is the nucleus transpla
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.