Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
1. (a) Which physicochemical properties need to be regulated by the cell? Define chemical equilibrium and discuss how it is maintained by the cell.
(b) Differentiate between facilitated diffusion and simple diffusion. Explain both the processes in detail.
2. Your friend has just returned from a deep sea mission and claims to have found a new single-celled life form. He believes this new life form may not have descended from the common ancestor that all types of life on Earth share. However, he’s never taken Cell Biology, so he asks you determine whether his claim is true. In order to verify or dispute your friend’s claim, you realize that you must first make a list of characteristics common to all prokaryotes and eukaryotes, so that you can check whether this new life form is different in some fundamental characteristic from all other types of life on Earth. So you generate a list of traits shared by all prokaryotes and eukaryotes. What would you place on that list?
3. Which organelles are known as “power house of the cell” and “protein factories of the cell”? Elaborate your answer.
4. (a) What is meant by the cells being in G0 phase of the cell cycle.
(b) Why is mitosis called equational division
5. Do you think meiotic division is equivalent to mitosis? Why or why not? Draw a diagram showing all the stages of meiosis.
Posted Date: 9/1/2012 7:20:03 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
bty100, Assignment Help, Ask Question on bty100, Get Answer, Expert's Help, bty100 Discussions
Write discussion on bty100
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
What is aflatoxin, Q. What is Aflatoxin? Aflatoxins are the most widely...
Q. What is Aflatoxin? Aflatoxins are the most widely studied of all mycotoxins. Knowledge of their existence dates from 1960, when more than 100,000 turkey died in England afte
Describe the non direct approach, Q. Describe the Non Direct Approach? ...
Q. Describe the Non Direct Approach? The counsellor's participation is minimal; here the counsellee freely expresses. The counsellor pays attention to the emotion and attitudes
Fundamental structure of the hiv virus, Q What is the fundamental structure...
Q What is the fundamental structure of the HIV virus? What is the function of the glycoproteins of its envelope? HIV is an RNA virus in its core there are two strands of RNA an
Mendel''s second law not for two or more phenotypical traits, Why is not Me...
Why is not Mendel's second law always valid for two or more phenotypical traits of an individual? The Mendel's second law, or the law of the independent assortment, is valid fo
What is the genotype of each parent cat, Long-hair in cats is due to a rece...
Long-hair in cats is due to a recessive long allele, l. Black cats are due to a recessive agouti allele, a. A short-haired tabby cat is crossed to a long-haired tabby cat, and they
Describe how homologous recombination happening, Write about embryonic stem...
Write about embryonic stem cell invitro methord in which transgenic animal were generated and efficient show how homologous recombination happening?
Malaria, what is plasmodium
what is plasmodium
Of which type of defense cell do worm infections, Q. Of which type of defen...
Q. Of which type of defense cell do worm infections stimulate the multiplication? The main leukocytes that generally participate and multiply in the defense against worm infect
Why and how does the food get spoiled, Why and how does the food get spoile...
Why and how does the food get spoiled? There are several causes of food spoilage. These include: Growth of Microorganisms, such as bacteria, molds and yeasts, which can
Atypical distribution of pleural fluid, Q. Atypical Distribution of Pleural...
Q. Atypical Distribution of Pleural Fluid? i) Lamellar effusion: These are shallow collections of fluid between the chest wall and the lung surface. ii) Subpulmonic
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.