Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
1. (a) Which physicochemical properties need to be regulated by the cell? Define chemical equilibrium and discuss how it is maintained by the cell.
(b) Differentiate between facilitated diffusion and simple diffusion. Explain both the processes in detail.
2. Your friend has just returned from a deep sea mission and claims to have found a new single-celled life form. He believes this new life form may not have descended from the common ancestor that all types of life on Earth share. However, he’s never taken Cell Biology, so he asks you determine whether his claim is true. In order to verify or dispute your friend’s claim, you realize that you must first make a list of characteristics common to all prokaryotes and eukaryotes, so that you can check whether this new life form is different in some fundamental characteristic from all other types of life on Earth. So you generate a list of traits shared by all prokaryotes and eukaryotes. What would you place on that list?
3. Which organelles are known as “power house of the cell” and “protein factories of the cell”? Elaborate your answer.
4. (a) What is meant by the cells being in G0 phase of the cell cycle.
(b) Why is mitosis called equational division
5. Do you think meiotic division is equivalent to mitosis? Why or why not? Draw a diagram showing all the stages of meiosis.
Posted Date: 9/1/2012 7:20:03 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
bty100, Assignment Help, Ask Question on bty100, Get Answer, Expert's Help, bty100 Discussions
Write discussion on bty100
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Define calcium - the macronutrient, Define Calcium - The Macronutrient? ...
Define Calcium - The Macronutrient? Calcium is an important mineral found mainly in bone and teeth. It is widely distributed in food substances such as milk, cheese, egg yolk,
What are the temporal factors of abnormality, What are the Temporal Factors...
What are the Temporal Factors of Abnormality Given the on going schedule of postnatal neurodevelopment, the age of the child at the time of exposure and the behaviour can have
Which compounds results from cyclization of glucose, Which of the following...
Which of the following compounds results from cyclization of glucose? Select one: a. alpha-D-glucopyronose b. beta-D-glucopyronose c. alpha-D-glucofuranose d. beta-D
Does an increase of h+ cause the hemaglobin, Does an increase of H+ cause t...
Does an increase of H+ cause the hemaglobin oxygen binding curve to shift to the left or right? Explain.
What is an effect of increased temperature, What is the effect of increased...
What is the effect of increased temperature on a non enzyme catalyzed reaction? What are the effects of increased temperature on an enzyme catalyzed reaction?
Define interaction of vitamin k with calcium, Define interaction of vitamin...
Define interaction of vitamin k with Calcium? Since vitamin D functions have an impact on calcium metabolism, an inter-relationship exists between vitamin IS-dependent proteins
Explain the analysis of food production, Explain the Analysis of food produ...
Explain the Analysis of food production? The agricultural sector is known for its diversity and heterogeneity of decisions right from the farm to the entire marketing system. A
Viscosity of gastrointestinal contents delay absorption, Explain Viscosity ...
Explain Viscosity of Gastrointestinal Contents Delay Absorption? 1. Inadequate mixing of luminal contents due to increased viscosity may slow the movement of digestive enzymes
What is the autotrophic hypothesis on the origin of life, What is the autot...
What is the autotrophic hypothesis on the origin of life? The autotrophic hypothesis on the origin of life asserts that the first living beings on earth were producers of thei
Classifying organisms, Classifying Organisms You have now seen that th...
Classifying Organisms You have now seen that the binomial nomenclature gives each species a unique and unambiguous name. It is necessary lo group species into genera and gener
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.