Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
1. (a) Which physicochemical properties need to be regulated by the cell? Define chemical equilibrium and discuss how it is maintained by the cell.
(b) Differentiate between facilitated diffusion and simple diffusion. Explain both the processes in detail.
2. Your friend has just returned from a deep sea mission and claims to have found a new single-celled life form. He believes this new life form may not have descended from the common ancestor that all types of life on Earth share. However, he’s never taken Cell Biology, so he asks you determine whether his claim is true. In order to verify or dispute your friend’s claim, you realize that you must first make a list of characteristics common to all prokaryotes and eukaryotes, so that you can check whether this new life form is different in some fundamental characteristic from all other types of life on Earth. So you generate a list of traits shared by all prokaryotes and eukaryotes. What would you place on that list?
3. Which organelles are known as “power house of the cell” and “protein factories of the cell”? Elaborate your answer.
4. (a) What is meant by the cells being in G0 phase of the cell cycle.
(b) Why is mitosis called equational division
5. Do you think meiotic division is equivalent to mitosis? Why or why not? Draw a diagram showing all the stages of meiosis.
Posted Date: 9/1/2012 7:20:03 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
bty100, Assignment Help, Ask Question on bty100, Get Answer, Expert's Help, bty100 Discussions
Write discussion on bty100
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Define quest of nutrition required for excercise, Define quest of nutrition...
Define quest of nutrition as sports nutrition as a discipline? Although the quest of nutrition as applied to exercise and sports dates back to ancient civilizations and importa
Find human anatomy & physiology laboratory manual, I can not find Human Ana...
I can not find Human Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory manual 10th edition cat version by Marieb/mitchell in expertsmind homework help, I have the text book just need to make sure I
Energy requirements to get ideal body weight, Q. Energy requirements to get...
Q. Energy requirements to get ideal body weight? Calories: The energy requirements of adult patients is governed by their present body weight and the need to maintain a desira
What microbiology lab technician left the safranin out, If a microbiology l...
If a microbiology lab technician left the safranin out of the Gram stain procedure, what would be the result?
Explain phylum platyhelminthes, Phylum platyhelminthes (13,000 species Fla...
Phylum platyhelminthes (13,000 species Flatworm) The body is flattened. Gastrovascular cavity is branched, dense bodies with many cell layers, mouth but no anus. Hermaphrodite
What is the difference among animal and bacterial cells, Concerning the pre...
Concerning the presence of the nucleus what is the difference among animal and bacterial cells? Animal cells (cells of living beings of the kingdom Animalia) have an interior m
Lymph, why is it known as middle man
why is it known as middle man
What is hemodialysis, What is hemodialysis? Hemodialysis is the artific...
What is hemodialysis? Hemodialysis is the artificial blood filtration made by exact machines in substitution of the kidneys. Hemodialysis may be essential in patients suffering
What is oxidation and reduction, What is Oxidation and Reduction? Oxid...
What is Oxidation and Reduction? Oxidation and Reduction : Most people are familiar with oxidation as it pertains to the rusting of metals. Oxygen grabs electrons from iron
What are the signs used in acute pericarditis, Q. What are the Signs used i...
Q. What are the Signs used in acute pericarditis? • Pericardial friction rub is pathognomonic of pericarditis. It is heard as a phasic scatching sound. It may vary with phases
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.