Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
1. (a) Which physicochemical properties need to be regulated by the cell? Define chemical equilibrium and discuss how it is maintained by the cell.
(b) Differentiate between facilitated diffusion and simple diffusion. Explain both the processes in detail.
2. Your friend has just returned from a deep sea mission and claims to have found a new single-celled life form. He believes this new life form may not have descended from the common ancestor that all types of life on Earth share. However, he’s never taken Cell Biology, so he asks you determine whether his claim is true. In order to verify or dispute your friend’s claim, you realize that you must first make a list of characteristics common to all prokaryotes and eukaryotes, so that you can check whether this new life form is different in some fundamental characteristic from all other types of life on Earth. So you generate a list of traits shared by all prokaryotes and eukaryotes. What would you place on that list?
3. Which organelles are known as “power house of the cell” and “protein factories of the cell”? Elaborate your answer.
4. (a) What is meant by the cells being in G0 phase of the cell cycle.
(b) Why is mitosis called equational division
5. Do you think meiotic division is equivalent to mitosis? Why or why not? Draw a diagram showing all the stages of meiosis.
Posted Date: 9/1/2012 7:20:03 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
bty100, Assignment Help, Ask Question on bty100, Get Answer, Expert's Help, bty100 Discussions
Write discussion on bty100
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Explain the right ventricle from the pulmonary artery, What is the valve th...
What is the valve that separates the right ventricle from the pulmonary artery? Why is that valve significant? The valve that divides the right ventricle and the base of the p
Splenic abscess, Splenic infarction is a common complication of left-sided ...
Splenic infarction is a common complication of left-sided IE (40 per cent of cases). Only 5 per cent of patients with splenic infarction will develop splenic abscess. This infectio
Show subkingdoms into which the plant kingdom is divided, Q. What are the s...
Q. What are the subkingdoms into which the plant kingdom is divided? The kingdom Plantae is divided into two big subkingdoms: the tracheophytes and the bryophytes (gymnosperms,
Spoilage of soft drinks, Q. Explain Spoilage of Soft Drinks? We all co...
Q. Explain Spoilage of Soft Drinks? We all consume soft drinks, fruit juices, as well as, preserves, which normally are available in the market as tetrapacks, cans, bottles
Chlamydiosis-epidemiology, Epidemiology The organism does not appear t...
Epidemiology The organism does not appear to be very host or tissue specific and can infect naturally a large number of avian and mammalian species. Chlamydiosis has been reco
Skeletal system - arm bones, ARM BONES - Each arm contain 30 bones as ...
ARM BONES - Each arm contain 30 bones as : humerus in upper arm, radius ulna in forearm, 8 carples in wrist, 5 metacorples in plam, 14 phalnges in fingers. HUMERU
What is risk, What is Risk Risk : A function of the probability o...
What is Risk Risk : A function of the probability of an adverse effect and the magnitude of that effect, consequential to hazard(s) in food.
Mitral valve, This valve has the same basic features as of the Tricuspid V...
This valve has the same basic features as of the Tricuspid Valve. It has an anterior and a posterior cusp. The anterior cusp is larger and is attached on the upper right part of t
Sinece, modes of nutrition in animals?
modes of nutrition in animals?
Littoral zone, Littoral Zone Plants of the littoral zone Two types ...
Littoral Zone Plants of the littoral zone Two types of plants occur here: Non-rooted phytoplanktons which include all kinds of algae occurring in the limnetic as wel
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.