BOILERS: Boilers can be defined as closed pressure vessels that are used to generate steam at pressure much higher than atmospheric pressure by the transfer of heat which is produced by burning of fuel to water.
The construction and appearance of the steam generators depends on arrangement made for burning fuel and for transfer of heat to water. The steam generated by steam generator is used in applications stated below:
(1) For operating steam turbine of power plants for power generation.
(2) Locomotive Steam engines for traction.
(3) As process steam in the industries.
(4) For heating applications.
(5) For running big steam propelled ships.