Auditors Procedures Before Stock Taking
1) Study of the clients stock taking recommendations and instructions for improvements or changes whether the auditor considers them inadequate.
2) Familiarization along with the location of the opportunity and the stocks to plan for the work to be undertaken.
3) Familiarization along with the volume and nature of stocks and particularly along with high value items.
4) Review of previous year's working study as well as papers and discussions along with the managers of any significant changes from the before such year.
5) Consideration of the position of stocks and likely points of complexity e.g. cutoff.
6) Consideration of any involvement of the extent of reliance and the internal audit department to be located upon their work.
7) Arranging to contain from third parties confirmation of stocks held through them.
8) Establishing where expert advice may be required.