Assumptions in analysis of simple truss:
What are assumptions made in analysis of simple truss? Sol.: The assumptions made in finding out forces in the frame are,
(1) The frame is perfect frame.
(2) The frame carries load at joints.
(3) All the members are pin joint. It means that members will have only axial force and there will be no moment because of pin, as at a pin moment becomes zero.
(4) Load is applied at joints only.
(5) Each joint of the truss is in equilibrium, hence the whole frame or truss is in equilibrium. (6) The weight of members of the truss is negligible.
(7) There is no deflection in members on application of load.
(8) Stresses which is the induced on application of force in members can be negligible.